Emerald(ish) First real stringing ( I think)

This post has 19 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 8:31 PM

Saw these beaded beads in a book and just fell in love with them. Thought I would try to post something emerald. The beads in the book I think were actually black and blues, but still lovely. Sorry the lightings so bad. Didn't feel like messing with a camera tonight. I've never really done just stringing on wire before, never mind double wires, but it had to be done that way for the beaded beads segments, and if you don't look too closely at the amateur attachment of the toggle, it's really quite pretty in good light. By the way, I didn't get Anything from pand hall. Ick!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 3:36 AM

Love it!  Very well done -- nice texture and colors; elegant.  Thanks for sharing. Big Smile  (Didn't figure you had. Surprise)

Ottercat Coffee

01-23-13 (0135 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,296
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 9:23 AM

Very nice indeed. I have always love the combination of blue and green. Love it!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,520
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 12:35 PM

TC, I just LUV LUV LUV emerald, even the odd colors assigned to the group by various writers. Now YOUR emerald beaded beads just sing to me. Your color combo is marvelous dahling.......oops, got carried away there, but I truly like that contrast and complement of colors and set off with silver.Bingo.

I know why the new color emerald isn't just a true emerald color..........it is hard to work with as it is normally so dark. I have emerald colored beads and they sort of just sit there. I made a bracelet that I took a class for, I used pink matte Toho's, emerald faceted ovals and the edging was silver and AB clear beads and unless you are outdoors those emerald beads just sit there even though they are on top. So we need to continue to use the loose interpretation of emerald.

And no pandas were harmed making this bracelet, even better.............Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 1:20 PM

Will you post that image, D? I'd really like to see it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,520
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 2:39 PM

TC, don't know how it will really look.........still playing with my new camera and haven't shot many pics with it yet. But attached to this. It was a pattern called Jitterbug and I don't remember the designer, but it didn't cost me much to buy. The thread path was extreme.......the clasp part took yards of thread because you just go back and forth, add a new layer and back and forth more......... It is like the bracelet that will never fail. Anyway, here it is in it's pink and emerald glory. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 5:08 PM

It's so pretty!  Thank you for making something colorful and summery to take my mind off this horrible cold snap we're having.  It got up to a balmy 16°F today, and right now, as of 6pm EST, is a whopping 7°F!  You know, if I wanted to live in Nome, Alaska, I'd move there!!!!   ARGH!! 

I do my beady business right here in the good ol' US of A,, thankyouverymuch!  I like to keep my American peeps in biz, plus I can't afford the crazy overseas s&h fees.  Thanks for not hurting any pandas TC!(LOL)

Donna, your bracelet or your life!  Give it to me now! (lol)  It's so very lovely.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 5:23 PM

D-Oh I do like that. Very much indeed. I seem to always end up with an odd colour for a tiny pop of contrast. IE: The orange on my blue and green. INHO: That pink and gren I've mixed before, but can never decide on what that 'pop' should be. Now I see yours, the clear is a perfect choice!

V-no idea what you mean. Nome Alaska is the USA. And I know exactly what the temp is there. See "Pocono mtns" I live there and used to make regular runs to Binghamton, and have friends in Vestal

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 6:11 PM

Beautiful works you two! Emerald....hmhm...

once all greens where my favorites, think i lost it a bit, if you show more pretty stuff like that it will grow on me again :).

Better give the bracelet to Val, i would and then make another one with lilacs ;)).

Greetings

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,520
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 6:58 PM

Auntie and TC and Val..........thank you all. Strangely enough I seldom wear it, Pink is not my color until it gets more into the rose shades, richer and darker. I don't even own a pink t-shirt. I had my Lincoln (about 10 years ago that I bought for $500 because the clear coat was damaged and it looked like it had the mange) repainted in a Ford truck color that looked like sand until the light hit it the right way and then it had a definite pinkish cast. I saw the color and flipped for it, always called the car my Pink-in Lincoln which struck me funny as I normally wouldn't think about being caught dead in a pink car, but the Lincoln could handle it.......it was serene and impressive.

OK, so now I feel bad so I'll wear it tomorrow........... let's see how about purple sweats and t-shirt and a cream chamois shirt and the bracelet? OK, check.

I love greens and pink and/or peach together, but usually pair a lighter green with a richer pink/peach. Always been one of my fave color schemes. Now I am going to go on a search for some green delicas as I have a leaf pattern to try out................... emerald, emerald, emerald. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 7:03 PM

Pink and green are good together. I've redone my nieces room in pink and green (really REALLY green). But I can never decide what my 3 rd color should be. It was black and yellow before (hated it) and I left some of the black there. It works, but for a kid I'd prefer a happier, brighter color. LOL guess clear paint is out of the question............ Lucite woodwork?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 9:32 PM

I know, TC! (lol)  But Nome is the coldest place I can think of in this country, so I use it as an example when I'm whining about the cold! (lolol)  OMG!  You live in the Pocanos?  You must be freezing your carcass off, too!  At last!  Somebody who knows where Vestal is!  Yay!  I live in Ross Corners, in West Vestal.  We're going subzero tonight, hence my extra whininess.Confused

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,520
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 9:36 PM

LUCITE WOODWORK...........????? Oh, be still my heart, I think I'm going to faint here. Can you imagine it? You could put cute paper underneath it.......... oh, oh, oh. I wonder if there would be a market for it.... nah, I'd be the only ijit that would go for it. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 10:10 PM

I dunno, Donna, sounds like a fun medium to play with to me!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 6:45 AM

Aunty: when i was young and people would ask what is your favorite color, I would say purple. As the years went by I decided it was green. At this point in my life, i have no favorite color. I like them all. I can only choose a least favorite color which is pink. But i DO like pink, just not certain shades of it. Are you like that too? Your color choices change regularly?

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS