Raw bracelet

This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,019
ingrid@38 wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 2:02 AM

Just wanted to show off my newest bracelet, RAW stitch with different seedbeads and firepolished accent beads. 

THanks for looking. Smile

Ingrid

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ingridwang69

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 3:50 AM

Squee!  More Art Deco!  Are you watching Downton Abbey,Ingrid? (g)  I love your bracelet.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 8:46 AM

Oh my that is beautiful!  I am struggling with RAW, course I am left handed.  Think that makes a difference.  When I start my little squares I tend to go left instead of right ...

I really like this bracelet.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,529
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 1:16 PM

Ingrid...........very very nice colors, conservative yet interesting. I like it. First stitch I took a class on and I loved making the huge variety of things RAW does so well.

HCChiky..........do not worry about right and left, just remember to keep going around in circles, no cutting across intersections, and go around until you get to the next spot where you can join the next square...... It is that simple. I was taught using the "floor, walls, roof" idea and I really didn't get it and crossed straight over many intersections. Now I just concentrate on going around corners and jumping off onto a new square and it works for me. Keep at it until you find the "trick" that works for you, I know left handed beaders who just whip through RAW, not a problem. Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 4:20 PM

Thank you Donna, that is a huge relief! I am determined to not let it get me. I just bought the booklet, Stitch Workshop - RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE from B & B magazine.  Maybe it will help... 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,529
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 8:43 PM

HDChiky.........I have the first version of that, Beading Basics RAW, also Bead and Button from back in 2008 and it IS good for learning. Hope it helps you out. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 8:44 PM

What a lovely palette you've chosen.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 9:03 PM

This is absolutely Awesome! I love it!

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 327
SeaBeads wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 2:20 AM

Hi Ingrid, what a lovely bracelet. Both the colors and the shape.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 3:14 AM

Beautiful work -- love the texture and colors.  Thanks for sharing. Big Smile

Ottercat Coffee

01-23-13 (0113 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,019
ingrid@38 wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 3:28 PM

Thank you all for very nice comments. So strange to see the colors on the picture, doesn´t seem to be like the colors irl. 

Well, some colors are very difficult. 

*listening to rain and snow on my windows*

Ingrid

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,019
ingrid@38 wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 2:04 AM

Valbeads:

Squee!  More Art Deco!  Are you watching Downton Abbey,Ingrid? (g)  I love your bracelet.

Thanks. Well, it actually never accured to me that this could be Art Deco-ish. Hm, I think I have a thing for quite strong and clean lines. But hey, Art Deco is a word of honour to me. ;)

Ingrid

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 3:52 AM

Oh yes, Art Deco is one of my absolute favourites; the geometry, the elegant, clean lines, the colours (not that garish nonsense you find down in Miami, FL, mind).  I have a lovely Art Deco tea set I purchased at auction several years ago.

I could see Lady Cora wearing your bracelet, and I think it would definintely be to Lady Mary's tastes.  It's possible even Lady Violet would wear it!  I do so love Downton Abbey.  It's a wonderful British programme.  Much better than the rubbish that seems to be the norm on American television.  Too much "reality tv."  It doesn't inspire me, jewellery-wise at all.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,019
ingrid@38 wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 2:18 AM

Reality TV is not my thing. Downton Abbey is a quality show. But my free time is spent beading......I listen to a lot of action series on TV (husband watches), a glimpse from time to time. 

My TV chair has a layer of seed beads !!!!!Smile

Ingrid

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 3:09 AM

Oh, I'm almost always beading,,,,,,,except when Downton is on.  Then I'm paying very close attention to the accessories each lady is wearing, as well as paying attention to the plot.  I'm always multitasking; if I don't I think I'll blow up! (lol)

Odd you should mention that: I always seem to find a boatload of beads in between my sofa cushions!(rotfl!)

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS