Loom: game over...

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 127
on Jan 20, 2013 7:36 PM

It's too much also for me.

When I tried to repair the accidentally cut thread, I don't know how, another thread break, so I have TWO thread to repair, and I don't know how to repair one, just imagine two...

So I decide to remove from the loom and put this work in the box with unfinished items.

I'm too enraged with myself to considerate to repair.

Patterns, Charms, Beads:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/Coccoementa

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 5:11 AM

How terrible for you!  I'm so sorry to hear that.  You are right though, in putting it away for now.  You don't want to get so upser that you enc up destroying it, then regretting it later.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,498
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 1:59 PM

Moni, I was sooo sorry to see you post your partially completed (and gorgeous) piece. I understand your frustration. Since you have taken the piece off the loom, what I can recommend, on a day when you have patience, is to tie off all those ends so that you don't lose your work. Just tie every two strands together to hold what is done in place.

Then on another time when you have patience, finish your project in square stitch. Make sure the knots you have tied are to the back as you do the first row. Put a stop bead of a different color onto the place where you start and when you do two rows and come back to the end where it is, just run your thread down the second last row and back up the last row (your needle will be exactly where it was) which will flatten and even out the row to more match the part where you loomed.

This will be a way to salvage your work.......and it looks worth salvaging!!! I wouldn't take it apart as you've gone so far with it. If you want more help, I would be glad to answer questions for  you. I do a lot of loom work, most of what I do is looming. So ask away. If  you want to write off the forum, just go to my DMZ profile page and e-mail me direct, it is easier than trying to find a post after it has gone off the front page.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 9:30 PM

D-I'm so glad you stepped in to try and help save this beautiful piece.

M-Please don't give up. I agree with the suggestion that perhaps you can just tie up your ends and walk away from it for awhile. I'd hate to think you would destroy such a wonderful piece, or think you disheartened over something that can be repaired. I hope it works out for you and I look forward to hearing your success and seeing the finished project.

TC

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 933
on Feb 5, 2013 7:40 PM

Oh my, so sorry to read this. It is a gorgeous piece and well worth saving. I have a great way to repair warps. Since it is already taken off the loom, there may be a bit more involved than if it was not removed. It will depend on you. If you want to take extra time, but enjoyable time, I can help. If you prefer to start again, and ever find a similar problem, let me know. I'll offer something very easy.

As it stands, I am not seeing where the threads are cut. Is it those two warps threads on the bottom left? They were fixable. Also, if you would want to complete this picture, set up your loom and finish off the pattern. Before you remove it, write to me and I will send you info to match them together, perfectly. Can't share with everyone here, only because of the content showing pictures and diagrams.

Take a breath, smile and know you have options now, to complete this on the loom or create a second panel to finish. Wink

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS