Aloha & Long time no see ~ Organizing

This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,868
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 26, 2013 10:59 PM

Oh, I don't mind seeing Kitty, Christina! He looks so royally disdainful it makes me laugh. You should see see Zoe and Mac when they come back from the groomer's: noses and tails in the air, high stepping with Their little white paws.  They' pause briefly, look down their nose at you, then give themseves a good shake as if to say, "don't touch me again!" and saunter on their merry way.

I have a tackle box just like yours, except mine's red.  BTW, my new studio is nearly finished! Can't wait to share it with y'all!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 85
oilnwine wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 12:41 AM

BTW, what a beautiful cat!! I have a gray cat too, a main coon & burmese mix. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 10:50 AM

I'm all for things being neat and organized. But really, I stink at it. What little bit of bead organization that I DO sustain, I'd willingly throw it all in a messy old box if it would net me Christina's cat.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 1:04 AM

Love the Kitty!  a few years back, you got me started buying fishing tackle boxes. (organization, not in the same sentence with my bead roomCrying) it looks more like a Tornado went thru it. Embarrassed Thats when I try to stay organized. I have a sign on the door, "Enter at your own risk">LOL

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 85
oilnwine wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 11:34 AM

LOLMary,  that about describes my craft room!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 1:31 PM

Valbeads:
ope you had a lovely Christmas.  I certainly did!  Now I'm freezing to death!  How I hate winter

hi Val, yes thank you had awsome christmas in england, my head still not arrived in daily live, got not much time to think though, after holidays it is very hard to catch up in work. With the freezing i could join your anger, i don't like it too, especially the stupid snow shoveling every day, got to do a lot, that is boring me, i would rather be chatting and beading :). For the positivity Val we have a warm home and dogs and cats to cuddle up, very much appretiated in the cold times.

i did read that discussion now, well i am not sure myself about how much personality to show, i had the luck to have a stalker once too, was no fun, but that wasn't because of internet. well its sad that it allways necessary to be careful.

now i go have look what you did with your Dads camera :))

@Christina: what a stunner your cat is, soo pretty....bet she wants to sit on your hands too when you do your beading.

Cya

Autny Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,868
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 5:36 PM

Glad to hear you had a good Christmas, too.  We had a couple days of semi-decent weather this week, but we're back to being cold and miserable again.  The wind today is ferocious and evil!  I'm trying so hard to stay warm and failing miserably.Sad  I'm hoping to convince Zoe to get up on the couch with me to snuggle.  I'm sooooo grateful for her and Mac at bedtime!Big Smile

Not internet related, but I've had a few weirdos tail me around in the past.  Some people can be such creeps.  It's a sad fact of life.

Dad says I can borrow his camera whenever I want, as long as I bring it back when I'm done.Smile

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,313
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 8:52 AM

No, if that works for you, than you are organized. That would never work for me because I have so many beads, I really could open my doors for business, as a bead store. 

here is a picture of some of the pieces I use in my work space.

my desk, the red file boxes are full of pearls, beads, stone cabs, findings, silver wire, and the likes for stringing pieces, the black cabinet is about 5 foot high by about 3 foot wide, and  is full of small bins of seed and cylinder beads sorted by colors. I would show the insides of this cabinet, but right now it is a mess, I threw in several resent purchases that are jet to be sorted and stored in the proper place. But that is why I like this cabinet, I can close the doors and nothing looks out of place. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS