Carnival crystal

This post has 7 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Jan 19, 2013 10:51 AM

A couple years ago I bought a 30mm pointed-back crystal from Beyond Beadery in this wonderful pinkish-crimson with a custom coating that gave it flashes of blue. Wanting to show off as much of the crystal as possible (instead of having to cover a third of it in a traditional peyote bezel), I made a simple peyote 'cradle' and used 15s to anchor the crystal in the cradle. The neck strap is a silk ribbon from Class Act Designs in plain black, embroidered with slanting lines of 15s in rose, pink raspberry, grape, violet and royal blue.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 276
HDChiky wrote
on Jan 19, 2013 7:37 PM

Very pretty! I love the crystal and the way you allowed it to show!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,819
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 12:45 AM

That is...............GORGEOUS!!!  Wherever did you find that crystal?  I've never heard of carnival crystal before.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 1:26 AM

This is a lovely pendant and the colours are stunning 

I like how so much of the crystal in the pendant is seen, I am not usually a lover of pink but I love these shades with the blue.

I am sure that this piece of handmade jewellery is going to look beautiful when it catches the light

Julie 

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 12:39 PM

Thanks! I am pretty proud of this piece. :D

I got the crystal from Beyond Beadery--they specialize in unusual crystals.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,819
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 3:37 PM

Thanks!  I'll have to check them out.  I like unique pieces.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 4:48 PM

Hi Brightcircle,

I love everything about this piece of yours. Stunning colors. And the embroidered ribbon matches the crystal so well.

Greetings from SeaBeads.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 76
wanting wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 1:13 AM

The bracelet is my style but the color is not mine. I think it will be very shining and beautiful to wear on the wrist. The more important is that it is very warm to wear it because it is knitted  with knitting wool.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS