Macrame Bangle Bracelet Tutorial ....What do you think?

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 4:19 PM

Hello,

I'm a fairly new beader who loves macrame. I have been working on a tutorial, (my first!) for a macrame bangle bracelet and finally finished it. Now I need to know what others think of it. Is it clear? Is it easy? Are there any mistakes? Any unclear points?...Of course I love it, and I think it came out pretty good....lol...but of course that is because it took lots of work and sweat to get it finished....and lots of redoing, over and over...Big Smile.

It is available for FREE in PDF format on my website (didn't know where else to place it) for those who wants to give it a try. I would appreciate it greatly for any comments, even if you didn't like it.

You can view it at www.knotsandsparklez.weebly.com  under Tutorials.

Give macrame a try and you will love it.  Thank you in advance.

www.knotsandsparklez.weebly.com

www.facebook.com/handcraftedfashionaccessories

www.etsy.com/shop/knotsandsparklez

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 19, 2013 2:59 AM

Hi, Vicky325

I took a look at your macrame bangle bracelet tutorial and have the following suggestions:

• How long is the memory wire? (materials list)
  • Could you put the amounts in ( )s ?    (example:  (2) size 6 seed beads, color B) (materials list)
  • Put the picture for Step 2 over the text for Step 2, rather than beside the picture for Step 1
  • Label each picture by step     (example:  3a, 3b, 3c), include in text as (3a) for first set of beads, (3b) for second set of beads, (3c) continuing pattern).
  • Separate Step 3 from Step 4 (pictures -- end of step 3 and start of step 4 in same picture)

Generally, I could follow your instructions (text and pictures).  I've saved this to my growing list of projects to try.  Thanks.  I know it takes patience and lots of work to write a tutorial (I'm still working on mine (90DO-L)), but I think you're on the right track.  Once you get this set up, you'll have a basic template to write more.  I enjoyed looking thru your gallery -- nice pieces all.  It has been many years since I've tied a square knot (macrame or marlin spiking); thanks for the inspiration to try again.

Ottercat Coffee

01-19-13 (1258 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Jan 19, 2013 9:47 AM

Hello,

thank you so much for your comments, it does help to have a different perspective on something I have looked at 200 times. You have a fresh view on it. I will work on it and try to apply some of the changes you have suggested. If you decide to give macrame a second try I would like to see the outcome. The same goes for your future tutorial. Thanks again for your opinion and Happy Beading!

Vicky

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 12:33 AM

Vicky:  I apologize if I was too specific -- didn't want to waste your time with a baseless opinion.  There is a thread you might be interested in reading 'beadwork teachers' I think (have to go look where it is).........

...........the thread is located in Beading Business > Beadwork teachers, I need your input.  Some good points that might help with your tutorial.  Best wishes.

Ottercat Coffee

01-19-13 (2235 PST)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 514
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 9:48 AM

HELP! Did a c&p and there's no site available. How are you guys finding this?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 3:13 PM

tcwhit -- what's a 'c&p' ?  Look at the initial post for the tutorial; I found the thread (Beadwork teachers, I need your input!) in .........

...........Beading Business in the forums.  Does this help?

Ottercat Coffee

01-20-13 (1314 PST)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 3:43 PM

Thanks again, I will try to locate the thread. I did apply some changes to the tutorial as you suggested and it seems improved. Thanks for the ideas. I will wait and see if someone will actually try it out.

Vicky

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 4:10 AM

You're welcome.  I downloaded the revision -- much easier to follow.  Thanks, again. 

Vicky325:
see if someone will actually try it out
hopefully soon Big Smile

Ottercat Coffee

01-23-13 (0209 PST)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS