Loom: work in progress, a delicate and old style tapestry.

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 127
on Jan 18, 2013 6:03 AM

Hi to All.

When i saw for the first time this pattern online I immediately fall in love with it. I buyed and then start to work: it fitted exactly in my style.

I don't use delica type beads, I use dynamite from  FMG and they work pretty well. Nymo D is my preferred thread, for their strenght.

I hope You enjoy follw me in my creation of this tapestry. I publish my progress after five or more passes.

But just to remember, my style is this:

And this.  I do no longer have this work, because I have send to Tia Dalma for repair and sell, and then give the money for Animal, in a charity sale.

But it' time for my last work.

Patterns, Charms, Beads:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/Coccoementa

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 7:20 AM

OMG! What a project! Can't wait to see it completed. It looks great so far....

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 9:19 AM

Breathtaking!  I love black and white; it's so art deco.  I can't decide which I like best; they're all so beautiful!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Luv2CUSmile wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 9:40 AM

Moni,

Your work is beautiful! I don't do any loom work (on a loom) but I really love your pieces! My fav is the silhouette of the girl in the frame. I remember seeing a post of it quite some time ago where you had a couple beads that broke out and needed it repaired. I think you are such a gem for allowing it to go to a charity sell. I would have had a hard time parting with it.

Can't wait to see how your most recent is turning out.

~Luv

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 2:02 PM

beautiful. I am looking forward to see more of this

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 127
on Jan 19, 2013 12:07 AM

@Luv2CUSmile: one of my future project is to recreate this beautiful oval. In the meantime I found myself decorating the upper part (in my mind), with a RAW net, and I feel unsatisfied with this solution, because I don't have idea of how I can aligne with the oval.

Maybe one day or another I start... :-)

You all are very encouraging, thanks.

I love to work with big, complex, project. One of my daydream is a pattern I found in a cross stich magazine, italian, years ago. It's for a curtain, and is so big than I can't working on a loom.

But I'm not happy to work with square stich, so, for the moment, this is just a dream.

In the actual project, the tapestry, accidentally I cut one thread attached to the loom. So I have to replace, and this is the first time on my life, but I suppose that is not impossibile, only a bit complex.

Have all a nice day.

Patterns, Charms, Beads:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/Coccoementa

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 19, 2013 3:12 AM

Moni of Spaghetti Clay:

I love to work with big, complex, project. One of my daydream is a pattern I found in a cross stich magazine, italian, years ago. It's for a curtain, and is so big than I can't working on a loom.

But I'm not happy to work with square stich, so, for the moment, this is just a dream.

I may have a solution for you -- go to the Reader Photo Gallery and look at 'Winter Tree' and 'Sister Moon'.  Both are worked in 90DO-L (off loom).  My tutorial isn't finished yet, but should be soon.  I love what you're doing -- the effect is dramatic.  Thanks for sharing.

Ottercat Coffee

01-09-13 (0111 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 19, 2013 5:06 AM

Stunning!!!Big Smile I love patterns combined with black and white they are neat!! 

Thought it is hard to handle with, and rally appreciate the patience you have paid to figure out the enormous threads! Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS