Help!if you don't like Spam? Sign up to be a "Moderator"Contact Jennifer VanBenschoten

This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 4:06 PM

Hello Out There!

I sent an Email. I want to be a Moderator to Stop!t spam!

If you don't like Spam? Contact Jennifer VanBenschoten. and sign up to be a Moderator.

Maybe if, there are enough Moderators, between alll of us, we can delete the Spammers. They will move onto other forums. and leave us to "Beading"

Just my opinion!

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,307
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 5:16 PM

Just did that. I am willing, anything to get our beloved BD back to spam free.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 5:26 PM

Thanks, Sue! Together we can get back to Beading and get rid of the spammers!

Gyspy Mary

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 9:10 PM

Glad to see that you're both going for moderator -- you're the first ones I thought of.  I don't have enough experience (or any idea what's involved).  Good luck to you both.

Ottercat Coffee

01-17-13 (1909 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 12:11 AM

Mary, with your and Sue's sharp eyes I have every confidence we'll soon have our beloved beading site all to ourselves again.  Good luck, girls, and a big beady hug from me!Right Hug

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 12:23 AM

Thanks, Confused I never been a "Moderator", I have no idea what the guidelines are. But, I do know spam when I see it.

My Grandmother, use to tell me, "if you can say,"somebody should do something", If your somebody, Why aren't you doing it"

On the 17th of Jan, I got email from Jen, I accepted the "Moderator", She emailed me and said, "she'd set me up in the afternoon". NOT a WORD since... so I am waiting till she has time to get back to me.

Gyspy Mary

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 12:42 AM

Congrats, Mary! Big Smile  Patience -- she has a lot on her plate.  Thanks for taking this on -- I know you'll be a great help to the site/forum. Yes

Ottercat Coffee

01-19-13 (2241 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 5:06 AM

Hello over there,

thats a very good idea from you, i would had thought of you too if we could wish for moderators.

All that themes about the spamers and so on were putting my head in since i joined the forums.

Its really good that you two will try it. I hope that you get responds soon.

Thumbs up.

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 2:06 AM

Mary, I have every confidence you'll do great.  How many years have we known each other now?  And you are kind and warm as ever, and you don't miss a beat.  I'm sure Jen will send you something soon.  Just think of it as an awesome promotion!

Hugs!Right Hug

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 326
SeaBeads wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 5:31 PM

Hi Mary and Sue,

I want to thank you very much for wanting to be moderators. I don't know what it means to be one but I'm sure it will be quite some work. I'm very grateful that you both are willing to do that for us all.

Can two moderators do the job or do you need more?

Greetings from Karin.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,307
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 5:56 PM

Not sure, if more will be needed or not, I think maybe so, especially for times when we are away from our computer to a period of time, as when I go camping. No WIFI where I camp, LOL. And I am not sure just what I will be able to do from my smart phone.

Haven't heard from Jennifer yet, but I didn't expect to hear from her before tomorrow. I didn't send a message to her till late last week, and with the Holiday today here in the States, I just figured it would be Tuesday, if not later. 

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I become a moderator is all up to Jennifer and Interweave. As being retired I feel I will have enough time to check in here at least a couple of times a day. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 10:04 PM

Congradulations! Sue.  I am grateful for the opportunity to stop at least some of the Spam!

I have lots of confidence in you!

Gyspy Mary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,307
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 8:12 AM

And also to you Mary. 

However the whole form looks so different. I will have to try and figure it all out. 

HeresDrinks to the spam busters.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 608
shanks wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 11:02 AM

Hi Sue,

So glad you stepped up to the plate with this one. There is an old post Jan 7 in Step by

Step Wire Jewelry that is spam that did not get deleted. You might take a look at it.  Thanks again.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,307
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 11:18 AM

Thanks Shanks.

All 3 of her spam posts have now been deleted.

Thanks for you help. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS