Emerald, the Pantone color for 2013!

This post has 30 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 15, 2013 4:34 AM

Heard the news that the PANTONE Color of the year for 2013 is PANTONE 17-5641, emerald! I love the color desperately! With the symbolic connotation that emerald can bring us the feeling of clarity and recovery, the whim of rummaging my saved items occurred suddenly, then I got to find the frog finished by my cousin just two days ago, thought it worth a share here. Big Smile

Come on, let’s have a share of the emerald crafts of any kinds, here is the frog: 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 15, 2013 6:54 AM

Wow. I was thinking of posting this kind of suggestion myself! So glad some one did. Was thinking that perhaps each month we could start a thread dedicated to one thing. Like in this case, the emerald. Maybe next month pinks, or if no one wants to deal in colours, perhaps in certain beads or findings. Something different very month. Even UN-finished pieces, if posted we may be able to help each other with different ideas for finishing. Thought it would be a good idea and help some members become more involved, no?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Luv2CUSmile wrote
on Jan 15, 2013 8:09 AM

Oh My Goodness! This looks like the exact color green I have in czech seed beads and have desperately been trying to find in a uniform Japanese seed bead for years! I call it mint green because that is what it reminds me of! I will have to check these out and grab some! Thx for posting! Oh! & the frog is adorable!

>>> Ahhhh, just went and looked and I notice that the actual color is not this lovely mint looking green- Carole what color is that green, what supplier, even a #....? I really need that green shade in my collection- LOL

~Luv

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Jan 15, 2013 8:38 AM

Oh! How cute is this frog and so beautiful made. I would have called this more of a mint green than emerald as I tend to think of emerald being a dark green but that does not matter as this is a lovely piece and it has obviously been crafted with skill

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 16, 2013 2:22 AM

Ribbit!  Ribbit!  So cute!  Of course, my dogs would try to eat it! (lol)

Great idea!  Just so happens I got my order of Swarovski emerald bicones, so my little brain's going to have to go to work.

Am I the only one who thinks emerald looks better with gold tones than silver?

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 16, 2013 8:44 AM

I totally agree green looks better with gold tones, but I'm biased as I love gold over silvers. Except when using purples. I think I like silvers with the purple tones better then golds. This frog was just so cute and inspiring, I spent most of the nite messing with green beads trying to make a little covered basket. I chose a basket as it seemed the simplest of any type of 'sculpture' and I have to start somewhere right? Well, the 'basket' looks like it ws run over by a car or tortured by some medieval mechanism, so that's gone by the wayside..... Not to mention the time involved. I had no idea of the time spent by these folks doing all these little animals and things. It gives me a whole new level of respect for their skills and patience! I had already known it was over my head, now I know it's going to be a long time before I even get to enter that ball park. Allow me to bow to those of you who can do this. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 16, 2013 11:42 AM

Oh, goody!  I'm glad I'm not the only freak.  I've always felt emerald was a rich, warm green and gold colors really hilight that.  I've seen it in silvers, but it just makes the color feel so cold.  Purple I'll use with gold or silver, as I like it either way.I've found pretty good Swarovski matches for the Spring Pantome colors this year.:

Pantone Color                        Swarovski Color

Emerald                                 Emerald

Poppy Red                             Padparadscha

Linen                                     Sand Opal

Monaco Blue                          Capri Blue

African Violet                          Violet

Nectarine                               Light Peach

Tender Shoots                        Erinite

Dusk Blue                             Air Blue Opal

Greyed Jade                          Blue Zircon

Lemon Zest                           Citrine

Enjoy!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 17, 2013 12:33 AM

tcwhit:

Wow. I was thinking of posting this kind of suggestion myself! So glad some one did. Was thinking that perhaps each month we could start a thread dedicated to one thing. Like in this case, the emerald. Maybe next month pinks, or if no one wants to deal in colours, perhaps in certain beads or findings. Something different very month. Even UN-finished pieces, if posted we may be able to help each other with different ideas for finishing. Thought it would be a good idea and help some members become more involved, no?

Yeah!! I strongly agree with the idea that we start a thread dedicated to one thing each month, then we can post our beaded projects related to the topic.

I am in! Big Smile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 17, 2013 1:03 AM

Luv2CUSmile:

Oh My Goodness! This looks like the exact color green I have in czech seed beads and have desperately been trying to find in a uniform Japanese seed bead for years! I call it mint green because that is what it reminds me of! I will have to check these out and grab some! Thx for posting! Oh! & the frog is adorable!

>>> Ahhhh, just went and looked and I notice that the actual color is not this lovely mint looking green- Carole what color is that green, what supplier, even a #....? I really need that green shade in my collection- LOL

~Luv

Aha~ this color is really awesome, thanks for loving the frog, Luv Big Smile.

The color is light green (in fact the actual color is deeper than the one shown in the picture due to the reason of light when photographed), not emerald, but I believe they are in the same family. My cousin bought her beads in some local Boutiques (she is not that into online shopping), and I guess almost every online beads suppliers have this kind of seed beads, I have noticed that online suppliers such as Fire mountain, Artbeads, Pandahall (Got their names when scanning some posts) all have exquisite beads, perhaps there you can found the one you like!  Surprise

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 17, 2013 1:17 AM

Handcrafted:

Oh! How cute is this frog and so beautiful made. I would have called this more of a mint green than emerald as I tend to think of emerald being a dark green but that does not matter as this is a lovely piece and it has obviously been crafted with skill

Big Smile Thanks for loving it!! Oh~ I categorized it into a not that exact group, it truly looks more like mint green, while sometimes emerald jewelry can be appeared as mint green under various lights. Wink. My cousin's skills of making it is really nice, Yesterday made a rabbit, and it turns out to be really not that cute or exquisite! I still have to learn as much as I can to get rid of the level of being a newbie in area.  Smile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 17, 2013 1:45 AM

Valbeads:

Ribbit!  Ribbit!  So cute!  Of course, my dogs would try to eat it! (lol)

Great idea!  Just so happens I got my order of Swarovski emerald bicones, so my little brain's going to have to go to work.

Am I the only one who thinks emerald looks better with gold tones than silver?

I guess it is a frog? Truly dogs love rabbit!:)

Look forward to having a chance to see your works finished with Swarovski emerald bicones, wait patiently for your incredible inspiration! Big Smile 

Love the combination of emerald and gold too, it is warm! Big Smile here is a picture of Olympic Games held in 2008 Beijing, it is said that the Gold medal is made with gold materials and jade (the color is close to emerald). It seems silver is not that cold as well due to embellishment of the warm color. :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 4:06 AM

I have 2 West Highland White Terriers, Westies for short.  They will go after anything that moves, and that includes frogs and toads!  I've had to remove small ones from their mouths on numerous occasions because, to be honest, I kinda like the little jumpers, either species, and I don't want my dogs eating them!   Rodents, however, are fair game.  I don't care if it's a mouse, chipmunk or squirrel, I want the dogs to do their job and get rid of them!  They do go after rabbits, but mainly just to chase them out of the yard.  Before we got an Invisible Fence, they had to be tied out.  The rabbits would come into the yard just out of range and torment them.  Now, Zoe and Mac are free to roam the yard and get even with the rabbits! (lol)

Just finished a necklace.  My hand is badly cramped from all the wire wrapping I did.Crying  Need to remember to give myself frequent breaks and flex my hands before they turn into claws.

Thanks for showing the medals!  Never really got a chance to see what they looked like on telly.  I like green jade very much.  It's a very soothing color.  Jade green is one of Pantone's Spring colors this year.  I'm very fond of most greens; they flatter my complexion and bring out the green in my eyes.Smile

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Luv2CUSmile wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 10:49 AM

Caroline,

Thx- I have been looking and many are similar but I haven't been able to match it perfectly yet. Or at least as close as I wish... I do have a few in my cart at BM since they are having a sale! YAY!  I am mainly looking to order C-lon cording right now though, not so many more seed beads, LOL- Wouldn't you know I already have over $60- in seed beads added to my cart... Embarrassed - I really do not need all that many... especially of just Toho... I like them fine but also like the Miyuki's.. any uniform seeds are great! I meant to just  grab a few neutrals (always need on hand) and then I just started adding other colors I am "kind of" low on... then there were a few I had never used just due to preferences so I decided to work those colors in... and so on- I have deleted quite a few as I went and still- over $60- of just seed beads- LOL More editing on that cart and hope to get more info on C-lon first so I can send it in...

BTW, Absolutely love that you shared those medals with us! I love that they did those that way. Better than just the standard Gold, Silver, Bronze- I think...

Great inspiration too for some Asian wrapped coins! Thx again for sharing!

~Luv

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 19, 2013 3:44 AM

Val, it is really very interesting to see the beloved pets playing around in the yard!!! It must be of much fun to have so many cute and playful animals living together, I can see that the rabbits are very naughty to make fun of  the poor dogs, well, anyway, they are good partner in your yard!! Big Smile

It is wise to have a break after having a period of works, for It is really very tired to finish one item at once, take care of yourself kindly, try to stretch your fingers and body and move about to get some relaxing breath might be beneficial!! Health is superior to work, isn't it? Big Smile 

I love all kinds of green as well, many of my clothes and pictures are green, they are the color of nature which can bring a peaceful mind!! Green is nice color I do like all kinds of green!! Big Smile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 19, 2013 4:27 AM

Luv2CUSmile:

Caroline,

Thx- I have been looking and many are similar but I haven't been able to match it perfectly yet. Or at least as close as I wish... I do have a few in my cart at BM since they are having a sale! YAY!  I am mainly looking to order C-lon cording right now though, not so many more seed beads, LOL- Wouldn't you know I already have over $60- in seed beads added to my cart... Embarrassed - I really do not need all that many... especially of just Toho... I like them fine but also like the Miyuki's.. any uniform seeds are great! I meant to just  grab a few neutrals (always need on hand) and then I just started adding other colors I am "kind of" low on... then there were a few I had never used just due to preferences so I decided to work those colors in... and so on- I have deleted quite a few as I went and still- over $60- of just seed beads- LOL More editing on that cart and hope to get more info on C-lon first so I can send it in...

BTW, Absolutely love that you shared those medals with us! I love that they did those that way. Better than just the standard Gold, Silver, Bronze- I think...

Great inspiration too for some Asian wrapped coins! Thx again for sharing!

~Luv

Luv, you can only choose the beads close to the types you are about to make, over $60 beads is too much! LoL 

Well, hope you have started your beading journey smoothly! Big Smile 

Really looking forward to your projects, i do believe they would be creative! Big Smile

Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS