Mixed Media...or what I did with some buttons!

This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Jan 13, 2013 4:37 PM

Last week I finally finished a necklace that I started back in October last year!! (I've been wearing it ever since!). I bought some gorgeous buttons at the V&A museum in London and as soon as I saw them, I knew I wanted to incorporate them into some jewellery. So, since they were buttons, I incorporated buttonholes into my herringbone weave (practising a stitch that I don't often use, but really like!) and I've ended up with a series of buttons on strands that I can make into different styles of necklace, so it goes with multiple outfits! Sorry the photo isn't the best, but hopefully you can see what I've done!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 13, 2013 5:26 PM

Very creative -- stylish and versatile.  Great idea!

Ottercat Coffee

01-13-13 (1525 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 479
on Jan 13, 2013 11:59 PM

I love buttons...any kinda buttons...and these are great...nice beads too !

much love

Leasa x

www.corianderglass.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,846
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 14, 2013 2:07 AM

Katie, they're adorable!  I've never seen buttons like that before. They're really quite clever.  I love your designs with them.  They make me smile.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 15, 2013 4:28 AM

These necklaces are really gorgeous to wear, nice designs by using of herringbone weave and these exquisite button beads alone! The necklaces really cost you much time, but I think they worth it! Big Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 76
wanting wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 1:16 AM

I see your work, you made the four necklace with several buttons. The chain of the necklaces are made with many and many small colorful beads. The buttons are stringed among the small the beads, they are in several kind of shapes. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 8:36 AM

hi Katie, you know how much i was waiting to see this, because i loved the buttons so much!

It is a fantastic idea, i will take it as one of my next challenges! Love Love Love it! especially the multifunction! I have collected a lot of beautiful buttons, but still trouble to find designs what to do with them.

Thumbs up!

Thanks for sharing

Your fan

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 1:37 AM

These are lovely necklaces so fresh and fun.

The collection of buttons are lovely and I like the way that you have set them off on your necklaces. 

The colours are lovely and delicate and I am sure that they will compliment many outfits

This jewellery design just shows how versatile beading can be.

Julie 

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
HoneyBeads wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 3:58 AM

Very nice :) I like the soft colors!

Have a lovely beading day,

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS