You might be a beader if...,

This post has 42 Replies | 8 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Jul 3, 2013 10:23 AM

You might be a beader if on vacation your husband asks "so how any bead stores do you have to visit here?"  He knows I check before going anywhere to find any local bead stores and will check the phone book when we get to the hotel just in case there might be some I missed!!   He knows where my favs are in a couple of places!   He is very tolerant and will wait patiently in the car while I shop...but he won't come in to a bead store.  We were in Arizona in May for a week andI I think I shopped at 6 different bead stores (and WAY over spent my budget) and he even pulled into a parking lot when he happened to see a bead store I didn't have on my list!!!  He is very tolerant of my obsession.

You might be a beader (or crafter) when buying a new car you have to check to see if your canopy and tables will fit in the car for outdoor craft shows.  We actually took them to the dealer to make sure they fit in the last car we bought.

Glad someone resurrected this thread.

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Jul 4, 2013 12:09 AM

I am, too.  These last few posts have had me giggling uncontrollably!

You might be a beader if.....the first thing you do when you've reached your sister's house is to wave vaguely, hop in the car and head across the river to that local bead store you love so you can start shopping.(guilty as charged!)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jul 6, 2013 9:25 AM

Haven't read this thread in a while Smile.

You might be a beader if ...... someone mentions 'recycling' and you think of old bead jewelry to reuse in new ways (have some of those).  Could be called 're-purposing'.              ~ Ottercat

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jul 13, 2013 6:51 PM

I have been poking at this thread off and on for a great laugh.

I got one!

You might be a beader if.......you and your Signifigant Other can't watch a movie straight through since you (the beader) has to hit pause to run up to the tv screen to get a better look at an actresses (or actor's) necklace, earrings, bracelet, head band, purse, belt, ring or any other beaded accessory. Then you wander away to your beads to recreate what you saw....totally forgetting the Signifigant Other and the movie.

I also can't be taken to real movies. No pause button available. Drives me nuts.

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jul 15, 2013 7:27 AM

You might be a beader if ........ all you remember about the news is what jewelry the reporter was wearing.   ~ Ottercat

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Jul 19, 2013 2:57 PM

..if you wonder what 'chain mail' could possibly have to do with writing letters. Unless it's writing to the local bead shop to carry supplies.

...if on your last beach trip you took collected several pounds of shells and bits of broken shell tumbled smooth by the waves

...if you brought a project to the hospital waiting to be x-rayed because your ankle hurts too much to walk

And yes I totally do the 'now which bead shops are in this area' thing while traveling!

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 20, 2013 7:54 PM

You might be a Beader if... all your vacation pictures are of displays of beading and wire projects in  Bead stores.

You might be a Beader if... you go on vacation, and take pictures of Antique Jewelry in Antique Stores and Pawn shops.

( People will say, What are you doing? and I reply " taking Vacation Pictures"It is hilarious the looks on their faces")

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Jul 25, 2013 9:44 PM

You can hear beads rolling around on the hard plastic floor mat under your office chair, but when you go under the table to look for them, you can't see any beads, and just put it down to you imagination playing tricks on you.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 164
on Aug 18, 2013 7:40 PM

You might be a beader if - when watching a newscast where the owner of a sports store is being interviewed you look to see if he has Fireline on his wall of fishing line

miqui

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Sep 15, 2013 2:10 AM

If you are at the movie theatre and catch a glimpse of the actors and actresses' jewelry, and wish you had a remote control or even dare to ask the movie guys what jewelry so and so was wearing!

Of if friends and family have visited the movies recently, instead of asking how it was, you ask, "Did you see what jewelry they were wearing?"

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Sep 15, 2013 9:48 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!  It's so funny you said that, because I've been watching Pride & Prejudice(the Colin Firth version, swoon!) and I was pausing my DVD on numerous occasions to check out the ladies' jewelry.  As a matter of fact, I'm seriously considering offering two collections for the spring- a "Downton Abbey" collection and a "Jane Austen" collection.  I suspect both will sell out  lickety- split!  Guess I'd better get to work!(g)

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
heffalompa wrote
on Sep 17, 2013 3:30 PM

Whyyyyy does this seem so familiar......?

You might be a beader if... when you see a small Object that is Nice/shiny/sparkly and has a flat back, you immediatly think of using it as a cabochon.

That includes Shells, small stones found on the Beach (why can they never be completely flat??!), marble accents.

:)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Oct 2, 2013 12:02 AM

You are watching the disaster news cast, but instead of paying attention to what disaster is being reported, you are straining your eyes to catch a glimpse of any jewelry on fleeing people and reporters. 

Or, you want every beading tool, loom, needle, and want to know every technique. But when you are trying one for the first time, you fail at it terribly, and curse and swear at the thing, and throw it into the Too Hard Basket. Then the next day or so, you try again, and its like everything is so clear. The piece is right and perfect, and exactly like in the photo, and you think, "Wth did I get so worked up for??"

Lastly, you know you're a beader if the hobby turns into an obsession that takes up the whole house! You neglect friends and family over what you can achieve in the same time spent with your beads, than with them!

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous  1 2 3 | RSS