rings for brickstitch

This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Lynn Sharkey wrote
on Jan 11, 2013 12:00 PM

Everyone, I am wondering if anyone knows where to get rings in gold or silver, brass, copper shown in an earring on Etsy under the name octaviabloom. I am starting to do various bracelets with brickstitch and would appreciate any help in finding something like this. Possibly a 1/2"-1" O.D. on the ring. Thanks

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,364
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 11, 2013 12:32 PM

Lynn, my first stop would be to ask Octaviabloom...........e-mail her and tell her you are doing a bracelet and you have been searching for a ring much like the ones in her shop. She will either tell you or not, but I'd sure start there. To me they look much like a washer that you could get at a hardware store, but that is just old practical me, I tend to see common items. If that does not work out, I'd go next to Fire Mountain, they seem to have everything. Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Lynn Sharkey wrote
on Jan 11, 2013 1:48 PM

Donna, I did contact her after buying a product from her and she mentioned the company Metalliferous which I contacted and they didn't seem to have anything like this. I've checked Fire Mountain and couldn't find anything in there either. I need a ring that hase some thickness to it to do the brickstitch around and have the beads stand staright up. Funny you mention a washer, for I am a fastener buyer and have checked the standard washer dimensions and everything is too large of an inside diameter where my Fireline would be quite obvious. I'll continue my search or hope someone else posts an idea. Thanks for your response. I'm heading to the Tucson Show the beginning of February and am hoping to find something there if I don't have any luck before then.

Lynn Sharkey

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 58
AlexiaFF wrote
on Jan 12, 2013 12:20 AM

Hi Lynn,

Here is the page with the rings. These are the silver ones.

http://store.metalliferous.com/products.asp?dept=184

Alexia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,364
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 12, 2013 12:35 AM

Lynn, looks like some good rings have been found. Just a FYI........... brick stitched beads will stand up on almost any surface if the tension is good and  you have enough in the circle around the outside. I did two pieces like that where I started with a row of brick that stood upright. The first one was a very round bead and the other was a sort of a coin shaped bead that didn't have much in the way of an edge for the beads to sit on. I did follow both of these up with a second row of brick though, but the first rows seemed to sit real well.

Oh I envy you going to Tucson, I used to live there eons ago (jurassic) when the show was like one or two venues............believe it or not. Also we'd go to shop at Quartzite which was right before or after the Tucson show........you could walk the whole show there in a helf a day if you knew what  you wanted. The last year we went it rained soooo hard and was so cold all the vendors were just closing up and heading home, but we bought and bought and got really good deals on everything but I swore my feet were going to freeze and break off..........well that's what it felt like. Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Lynn Sharkey wrote
on Jan 14, 2013 10:45 AM

Donna,  I'm hoping this year in Tucson it's about 65' and sunny. My husband and I are planning to drive to the Grand Canyan after shopping for 3 days, a destination we've wanted to see for many years. Thanks for your response.

Alexia, I'll have to find this item on your website. Thanks for the info.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,364
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 14, 2013 12:33 PM

Lynn, be sure to take some really warm clothes for Grand Canyon. It is higher in elevation and you might encounter cold weather and maybe even snow. On the flip side of that though is that at this time of year the air is usually truly clear and you will have a most wondrous view of the canyon. Have fun. Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 58
AlexiaFF wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 11:31 AM

Hi Lynn,

The site I posted is not my site. It is the name of the company you posted in your first message. I found them listed on the site.

Alexia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Lynn Sharkey wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 10:53 AM

Alexia,

Thank you for the information but I don't believe these are the ones I'm looking for. The ones in the picture have a more squared side so your seed beads sit real nice on the edge surface. Looking for something other than sterling also.

Thanks again

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 11:32 AM

Lynn, I so envy you going to Tucson...something I would love to do one day, although my husband would cringe at the thought of me and that many beady temptations!!!

You will LOVE the Grand Canyon - we have been there several times and I am in awe every time.  There is a new dinner theater just outside of the park and if you happen to stop in - ask for my brother Gary and maybe he can get you a deal on dinner!!

Have fun,

Ricki

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Lynn Sharkey wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 8:04 AM

Ricki,

How sweet of you to offer that. We will only have one and a half days to do the Grand Canyon and are going to the South Rim. What is the name of the dinner theatre and what area is it in. I may just take you up on the offer if we have time.

Can't wait to go and get into some warmer weather than what we've been having in MN.

Lynn

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS