A Pink Deer Bracelet

This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 15, 2013 3:49 AM

Valbeads:

Caroline:

It's a very cute bunny!  I remember My Melody from when I was a kid.  My sister was into My Melody; I was into Hello Kitty.  Kinda weird to see the kids back into Hello Kitty again.  I wonder, do they like it for what it is, or are they trying to be ironic?Confused  But my sister and I had puffy stickers, pencils, luchboxes...the whole schmeer.  Mind you, this was back in the late 70's; very early 80's. ( yeah, I know, I'm dating myself here, sigh........Huh?

Maybe your next one should be Hello Kitty!Big Smile

Val, this is so happy to have so many good memories related with Hello Kitty, and your sister! Big Smile 

I believe Kids do love Hello Kitty as you two did in the past, they love pink, love cat, love everything that is cute and kind naturally due to their innocence, or perhaps they just love the feelings of having the item that other girls have as well. I did remember when I was a kid, Hello Kitty begin to enter our country, my parents can not afford to buy any doll for me, I could just hide the wishes for a Hello Kitty deep down heart, the mood of envying others who have many dolls are truly unforgettable, at that time I just thought it was cute, if I can have a doll to sleep with, I would be very happy. Right now I can afford to buy myself dolls on my own, but I do not love it any more, I guess it is due to the loss of innocence. Sad

Your are not dating yourself, you see, you still care about things happened around, you chat with people sincerely, you still love pink, love cat, love those cute little things, you are still young, you should believe that! Big Smile I recited the famous article Youth, and I think it truly make sense!

Right now I guess I can only bead some very simple cats with not that pretty appearance, If I can, I would like to try Hello Kitty very much!! Wink  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 16, 2013 2:06 AM

Well.....I have fond memories of Hello Kitty.  Wouldn't want to buy the suff anymore; it's for the kids.  But yes, it was fun to have that stuff, and thinking about it brings back memories af a time when life was simpler.  My sister and I could quarrel, but we were also thick as thieves, especially when it came to ganging up on our brother! (lol)  I am the second of three children; my brother's the eldest, then me, then my sister.  My sister and I would take our allowance and go to the local drugstore to pick out what we wanted.  We would scribble funny notes on each others notebooks around the stickers.  Neither of us could afford a doll, and our parents refused to buy us one.  They said it was a waste of money when we probably wouldn't even want to play with them a few weeks after we got them.  Oh, well.

My sister will actually be coming up to visit in another week or so.  I will be glad to see her.  She'll probably bring her daughters, which can be a mixed blessing.  I love them, but they are still pretty little and can be very shrill.  Since my illness I get overwhelmed  pretty easy and sometimes I just have to get away from them! (lol)  My sister accuses me of hiding.  Well, duh!  (It also gives me an opportunity to work on my jewelry, tee hee!)  I do miss my sister, so it will be very nice when she comes home

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 17, 2013 2:15 AM

Val, really nice and sweet memory of the past, it is the things that can keep us smile when stuck in difficulties, families can always bring us consolation when we are not that good, they are the best companionship for us, isn't it? Big Smile

It 's glad to hear that your sister would have a visit soon, I am really looking forward to your reunion! Since you love the girls while you are afraid that it not that suitable to keep too close with then, I guess you can put your care and love for the girls into the jewelry your are designing and making, I bet they would love the gifts from their dear auntie very much. Girls love items that made for them with one's own hand, they would love it! Wink

Smile, Well, have a good time when thy come home!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 4:09 AM

Thanks!  I'm grateful my sister and I are so close.  I design jewelry for her(that's all she wants now!), and my nieces want jewelry from me, too, so that's very enjoyable to create things for them.  Looking forward to seeing them in another week or so.

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS