Spike Bead icicle earrings

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
HoneyBeads wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 8:49 AM

Hi my lovely beading people,

These are my spike bead icicle earrings. 

I disigned this project myself I make tutorials on all of my own projects. If you want to make this project just type HoneyBeads1 in to youtube search.

Have a lovely beading day,

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 11:51 PM

Those I love Love LOVE!  Will your tutorial be on YouTube for awhile?  I have to have a third surgery on my thumb to cut the tendons that healed too tightly after my last two surgeries.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
HoneyBeads wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 8:04 AM

Yes you can find this tutorial on youtube. 

Ow that is not so nice :( How long will it take to recover? :(

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 2:59 PM

I'm really not sure, as I've never fully recovered from the other two. Then again, the last surgery, they had to remove 2mm of bone from each bone in my thumb (you have 2 phalangeal bones instead of one, like your fingers), so my thumb is very fragile now, so he'll have to be careful not to nick any bone.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
HoneyBeads wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 3:20 PM

2 mm of bone, that sounds a lot to me! And it must be very scarry also because you use your thumbs for everyting. I hope this time you will recover all the way! Do they have some kind of thing that you can put on your tumb to protect it from breaking? If you know what I mean. Sometimes I mis a lot of words in my mind in english :) But I mean like the thing you can put on your elbow so you can still move it, but that it is a little more strong? 

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
KipperCat wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 8:22 PM

I like these - what a great use of the little spikes. :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 8, 2013 4:19 AM

Honey:

It is a lot of bone.  It was pretty serious, because my thumb was badly infected from a fall I took last year.  The thumb broke and was cut open as I was trying to break my fall, only I didn't know it was broken.  I followed all proper procedures, only to wind up with THREE antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria.  My thumb was also septic.  The doctor nearly amputated both times, but decided to see what he could do to save it.  If he severs the tendons,that may go a good way toward preventing another break, but otherwise I have to be careful, because the bone will never grow back, because I've been done growing for a loooooong time.  I don't believe they make thumb guards.  Maybe I should invent one and get rich! (lol)

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS