Needed: Proof beaded sculptures are real

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 5, 2013 7:18 PM

Ongoing disagreement here. I love the beaded sculptures. If anyone has any pics of a work in progress, could you please share them? A certain mister (whom I am NOT going to glare at, nor say "I told you so" insists that the sculptures of animals and things are actually just stuffed and beaded over............. PLEASE give me something to show him otherwise! Ok, I admit, I will not only say I told you so, I will ask for some sort of special favor to make amends to me for dis-believing me. Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 5, 2013 8:31 PM

TC............erg, don't glare too hard, you may have to eat crow............LOL. Some sculptures ARE made over forms, some over padded armatures, but I am positive that some are done freeform and are self supporting. I sure hope you get some answers to justify your position. So what are you going to ask for? Hopefully you won't get the short end of the stick and have to wash and wax his truck all next year. Geeez, that 'd be awful.

There are lots of smaller geometric items that are entirely self supporting. I'm going to go look in one or two of my bead books that have sculptural items in them to see if they say how they were constructed, hold off on the glares.....LOL. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 5, 2013 10:32 PM

lol - no, Dona. It's all good. I do know that some ARE made over forms, but I want to show him that not all of them are

Adding here: I can't wax his car, I can't even reach the top of it! On the other hand, when I win, he's 6'4 and can easily reach over mine. he can wash and wax my car and my bike. If I lose, i'll make him something to eat that he likes and I hate. No idea what that could be yet, but I'm sure he'll think of something. Thanks for the waxed vehicles idea though!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 1:58 AM

TC.........hmmm, sisters separated at birth maybe............my hubby is also tall and occasionally when my darling car gets too dirty and he is in the mood he will wash it. I would never admit it, but I COULD wash his car (a Geo Metro which is tiny). For years we would complete to see who could get more mileage and longer use out of our $500 cars. I finally declared him the winner when he spent $400 for a car and it went to almost 300,000 before it had a terminal part failure........... I got a chunk of $$$ from selling my business and retiring and bought myself a sweet little hatchback that is safe and way more fun to drive than I thought it could be.

I didn't get into my books yet, had unexpected company all afternoon and into evening. I'll still check, I can see this is worth it. LOL Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,977
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 12:10 PM

Sorry for not responding sooner but just saw this post.

We had a lady that use to drop in every so often that did bead sculpture. Her member name was OriginalSin. She posted several of her pieces. You can find them by doing a forum search for bead sculpture and looking for her name. Her avitar is a beaded snail.

Her work was AMAZING!Surprise

Here is a link to one of them. www.beadingdaily.com/forums/t/15501.aspx?PageIndex=1 

I hope the link works.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 4:31 PM

Wow, they are beautiful! Thank you. Doesn't she come here anymore? I'd so love to see more of her work

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,977
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 7:47 PM

She hasn't posted anything in quite some time.

Hopefully, she's still reading the forums, if not posting in them, and will drop in and chat.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS