How does this work?

This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Jan 5, 2013 6:05 PM

what  keeps the strands from turning into twisted, gnarled  mess or collapsing into itself  in this bracelet?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 567
Beadiecat wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 11:24 PM

Looks like it's a combination of the beads and the over/under pattern of the wire holding it all in place.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Jan 7, 2013 8:19 AM

Is it just normal braiding?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,503
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 12:22 PM

Windy, not the normal three strand braid, because if you look up at the crimp/clasp area you will see four strands beginning there. In following one strand it went through a white pearl, then "under over and around" and I didn't see it go back through until the second following white pearl. So it is a braid of sorts, if you are interested, I'd google four strand braiding, or four strand braiding with pearls/beads and see if you come up with it.

I think it WOULD become a gnarled mess if done with anything other than that chain which is fairly rigid. Is this something of yours or are you just curious about it? Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Jan 7, 2013 12:25 PM

well, it caught my eye because I have 15 feet of that kind of chain.....what shall I do with it.....Big Smile

I didn't even notice that there were 4 strands.  You have good eyes!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 585
shanks wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 3:51 PM

My eye tells me there are 5 strands. Two coming out of the left side and three coming from the right. It sure is nice looking and different.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Jan 7, 2013 4:44 PM

I got five.....any body give me six? Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,503
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 8:13 PM

Windy.............LOL, give the "award" to shanks............... My excuse is that I am using eye drops to prepare for my eye surgery tomorrow.........does that work?? But in looking at the picture again it does look like it could be a three and two split on the crimps.

So yep, simple.....just a five strand braid. No problemo. Did you google four strand braids? I did and used the images and saw lots of loooooong hair being braided up into some attractive and some hideously unattractive ways........ Meh.

Or...........maybe it IS six. I quit looking though..........LOL. Let me know when you guys decide how to do it. Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Jan 7, 2013 8:34 PM

I  did check out 4 strand braiding.....and my brain laughed at me and left!!Stick out tongue

I'm going to have to be reallllllly motivated to try to figure out how to do that braid.  I  probably chose the wrong hobby.....visual problems have always been my downfall in IQ tests.  Give me words, give me numbers......but give me pictures  to follow and my brain starts hurting.    Too late though....I'm addicted!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 567
Beadiecat wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 10:49 PM

I thought it was 4 strands too when I first looked at it.  But you're right Shanks, there are 5.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS