Hello everyone! My first post!

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Jan 4, 2013 7:20 PM

I am looking foward to learning and sharing with everyone. It is so great to join a community that seems so tight knit.

I am a navy wife with 5 children and  a wonderful husband.  I love crafts of all kinds and I am trying to turn my passion into a second income for my family.

I LOVE the show The Walking Dead. If you want to chat about it, it doesn't take much to get me started. I hope to be around for a while. Ask me anything!

I love beading! Visit my shop for european supplies. http://www.etsy.com/shop/KanaansKorner

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 5, 2013 3:44 AM

It is so sweet to hear your story! Welcome to the community, there are many talented people here!! Just go ahead and jump to the section you love! :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 5, 2013 4:45 AM

Welcome aboard, sailor!  Gang way, ship's company! (lol)

I'm Val, and whilst I'm stuck here in freezing NY, I'm originally from Virginia.  My dad's a retired Chief and my brother's a retired Lieutenant.  I'm a Navy brat all the way; I was even born in a Navy hospital, so my blood runs blue and gold!  My brother still lives in Chesapeake.  I grew up in Oceana.  I am hoping to return to VA permanently in the not-too-distant future.  What ship is your husband attached to?  And are you East or West Coast?  My brother spent a few years in Coronado with the 6th Fleet before being able to return east and join the 2nd Fleet in Norfolk.  He was attached to the USS Cape St George.  He's a plankowner.  I was priveleged to attend the commissioning.  It was amazing!  She happened to be berthed right next to the USS George Washington.  This was 20 years ago, mind you.  But it's still one of the coolest events I've ever been to.

Look forward to seeing your creations.  Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have; one of us will have an answer.  I don't watch much tv anymore, but I've seen bits of that show.  It's very intense!

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Jan 5, 2013 10:08 AM

Thanks for such a warm welcome!

We are an east coast family. My husband was attached to the USS Boone for his first sea tour. He decommisioned that ship.The decomissioning was more somber than the comissionings are. We now reside in Orlando for his shore duty.

I will have to check out the gallery feature of the forum. I don't usually sell my bracelets, so I dont have any pictures yet. I have a hard enough time parting with them as gifts, lol.

I love beading! Visit my shop for european supplies. http://www.etsy.com/shop/KanaansKorner

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
HoneyBeads wrote
on Jan 5, 2013 10:48 AM

Welcome!

I'm really looking forward seeing your projects. Do you craft a lot with your children to? To make a income with your passion is also a goal for me! I don't know if I will ever get there, but that would be my dream coming tue! :)

Have a lovely beading day,

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 5, 2013 7:41 PM

My dad's a plankowner on the USS America.  Sadly, when it was decommissioned a few years back, they sank her.  My dad was really hurt.  I don't blame him; it should have been saved as a floating museum.  I mean, it was the America!  He also served on the Saratoga, which sailed out of Florida, but my dad's squadron was based out of Oceana, so his squadron had to fly out of Norfolk down to Florida.  I would imagine decommissioning would be very sad.

I know how you feel! (lol)  I now design gifts for my family, and will be opening my store by month's end.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
WrapNBeads wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 4:03 AM

Hello K.K.  I'm an old army brat and am very grateful to my dad for teaching me some of the principles he learned, in living, on his journey in the military.  These have been an asset in trying to live well.  I'm an old married gal of 25 years and very grateful for the man I was blessed with.  We don't have children, but we have always had furbies. Yes  We only have one cat right now, we had to let one go to the kitty heaven a couple of months ago.Broken Heart

I too have a love for the Walking Dead and many other supernatural shows.  Can you say Sam and Dean Big Smile  I also am catching up on the Falling Skies show.   It also doesn't take much to get me going either. Wink

Glad you're here!

~Francie

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Jan 7, 2013 5:19 PM

I love to craft with my kids when the mood strikes them.  It  is great to get them involved since it takes up so much of my time. Your creations are wonderful HoneyBeads. I am sure your dreams will come true.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jan 9, 2013 10:32 PM

Welcome to Beading Daily forum. Please share some of your creations, in the "Readers Showcase". we all love to see new things.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS