Is there such a thing

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Jan 4, 2013 2:58 PM

as an open crimp tube...you know, like a 'c'  or 'u' shape? If so, what are they called?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 5:07 PM

If they so, I for one haven't heard of or seen it.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,488
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 6:54 PM

There are things like metal cord endings that come opened up.........sort of depends on what you want to end with said item. try  a search on bead ends or cord ends and see it that gets you what you want. On the practical side though, if you were going to use it as a crimp for wire (for example) I'd bed a bunch of bucks that you'd have to use glue also and without glueing it I'd bet it would not hold at all. They are a less malleable metal........the ones I've seen anyway....... and I just don't feel they'd do the trick. Then again I don't know what you want to use them for.............so whose nose. Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Jan 4, 2013 7:31 PM

yes, Id need something malliable(sp?)  Crimp beds work, but they are all too big. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,488
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 9:27 PM

egad, what are you crimping? Hair? OK, seriously I find crimps are so small I drop them and fumble them, so I guess none of my "helpful" hints are going to work. Hope you find what you need. Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Jan 4, 2013 9:29 PM

LOL.   You should see my bead desk.....and the mess of escaped beads, crimps, etc.

I'm redoing the "floating bead" necklace as I really thought the crimps I used were too obvious.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 4:39 PM

I sorry, I m so late catching this post. . I think you are looking for a "wire guardian" or "horse shoe ". I use the "U' shaped on the top of earrings or as wire guards on stringing projects.

hope this helps

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 198
on Apr 8, 2013 1:34 PM

There are 1mm crimps available, which is what people will often use for illusion necklaces because they are so small.  

- Allie & Nathan
Potomac Bead Company

www.potomacbeads.com
Buy Online: www.thebeadco.com 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS