cuff blanks

This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 2, 2013 7:17 PM

I remember reading and cant find now, how to make a 'pattern' for blank bracelet cuffs. I traced one onto card stock, shape is fine and it's a hair larger then the actual cuff. The things I forget: #1. Doesn't my stiffstuff need to be slightly smaller then the cuff? #2. My backing for the cuff larger, right? Or are they both slightly larger?

Would it make sense to glue some ultrasuede to the stiffstuff for the face that would show, to keep the ugly stuff from showing and give a background to the work? that's just an extra thought I had.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,506
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 2, 2013 8:41 PM

TC, 1 no, 2 yes............and yes both slightly larger. If you are not planning on covering the whole surface with beads and whatever, yes the ultrasuede would be a good idea, but remember it will be harder to stitch through than just the stiff stuff. If you are not filling the whole thing with beads, it won't change size, but if you cover every space on the surface the LSS may become smaller........... One reason to think about using Nicole's Bead backing in the future if you decide to do more of this type of work, NBB doesn't "shrink" up and you can stitch all over it. Also, NBB comes already colored in a wondrous assortment of colors and shades, so no ultrasuede would be required on the front surface.  When you work your beads onto the form leave a tiny space for the edging which will hold the front and back to each other. Is the backing also ultrasuede? If so you don't need to leave much room as it won't ravel or tear. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS