Bracelet clasps

This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 28
EmmaBaby123 wrote
on Apr 23, 2013 2:19 PM

Hi,  There are various types of clasps that you can use..  At one end of the spectrum, you have safety & security...on the other end - how attractive it looks.

If you want to go for security & easy of use, I'd suggest a box clasp..There are variations of this, of course..  You can have a box & tongue clasp

At the other end of the spectrum, you've got the simple 'Hook' clasp.  This looks quite attractive but is not as secure...

In between you have clasps like the Lobster claw & Toggle.  The Lobster Claw leans towards the secure spectrum, whilst the Toggle leans towards the attractiveness factor....  Magnetic Clasps are also an option, but these are only reliable depending on the type of jewellery you're using...  Heavy jewellery like necklaces are unsuitable for this type of clasp.

Emma x

For knotting techniques & tips & how to create macrame plant hangers, bracelets & necklaces, check out:  http://www.freemacramepatterns.net/

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 642
shanks wrote
on Apr 24, 2013 5:03 PM

I have not seen any reference to TRAILER HITCH clasps.  I like them for my Viking Knit bracelets. Easy to use and stay together.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,565
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 25, 2013 12:52 AM

shanks, first time I've every heard them called that.........but I knew immediately what you were talking about. Typically they are referred to as "ball and socket" clasps. I have those in about 4 or 5 different finishes and love them to pieces. Donna

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS