Ceramic Owl bead on February 2013 cover of Stringing??

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
nesshawk wrote
on Dec 27, 2012 7:28 PM

Help!  It says "all other materials" for the Owl at the Moon necklace can be found at Lima Beads, but the owl bead is not there!  I am looking for the light blue/brown/cream ceramic owl shown on the cover.  Please help!  Thanks!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 7:29 AM

Okay, Ness, I did a bunch of investigating, and this is the best I could find out: the owl is designed by an artist named Kylie Parry, and Lima does carry a large selection of her ceramic beads.  She also has a store on Etsy.  However, apparently, she is sold out of that particular bead or no longer makes it.  she does have a couple of owls that look just like it, but in different colors.  That will often happen with an artist; they'll just randomly decide to stop making a piece, or it could have been an older piece being phased out. (that's the annoying thing with Stringing; because it's only quarterly, sometimes some of the materials they use to design something wind up sellig out and not restocking, or they're only limited editions.  That's why I really wish they'd go to at least bimonthly; monthly would be better!)  Sorry I couldn't do any better for you!Sad

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 7:30 AM

Okay, Ness, I did a bunch of investigating, and this is the best I could find out: the owl is designed by an artist named Kylie Parry, and Lima does carry a large selection of her ceramic beads.  She also has a store on Etsy.  However, apparently, she is sold out of that particular bead or no longer makes it.  she does have a couple of owls that look just like it, but in different colors.  That will often happen with an artist; they'll just randomly decide to stop making a piece, or it could have been an older piece being phased out. (that's the annoying thing with Stringing; because it's only quarterly, sometimes some of the materials they use to design something wind up sellig out and not restocking, or they're only limited editions.  That's why I really wish they'd go to at least bimonthly; monthly would be better!)  Sorry I couldn't do any better for you!Sad

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 7:30 AM

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 2
nesshawk wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 10:25 AM

Thanks so much for your reply! I truly appreciate the help.  I will check out her other owls and hopefully find one I like!  Thanks again!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 31, 2012 3:16 AM

No problem; glad I was able to be of some help. Good luck with the necklace; I've gone back to one of my earlier issues for some inspiration.

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS