Rocks,Crystals,Sea glass,Ethnic, things inspired by nature

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 16
AnnieCStudio wrote
on Dec 27, 2012 12:34 PM

My biggest inspiration is nature. Love,love earthy color tones and patterns. Rocks,crystals,sea glass oh and ethnic,bohemian I think you get the point ;).  Although, I've had luck finding interesting things on Ebay. Does anyone know of another trusted website that sells such things? Anything that can help enhance my work

Thank you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,874
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 6:01 AM

I'm going to give you my two favorite and most trusted sites; companies I've been doing business with for several years now and trust implicitly.  The first (and I know a lot of others will also direct you here) is Fire Mountain Gems.  They have everything your heart could desire, and at very good prices, too  They go by tiered pricing.  When you've purchased "X" number of pieces, it puts you into the next tier, and prices drop.  They are ALWAYS having good sales, too.  Their customer service reps, whether online or on the phone, are very courteous, helpful and friendly.

The second site I do a great deal of business with is a bit more specialized, but very excelent site called Lima Beads.  I'm personally acquainted with owner Kevin Sly, and he is a fantastic guy!  He and his staff are wonderful to work with, and also very helpful.  Kevin heads to the BeadFest in Tuscon, ans Santa Fe at the start of every year and always brings back something cool and fun to play with!  His prices are very reasonable, and he also carries the full line of Gilders Paste and Vintaj alcohol inks.

Hope this helps!

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 16
AnnieCStudio wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 6:44 AM

I've been lurking around Fire Mountain Gems, can't wait to start ordering soon! Now, Lima Beads sounds familiar  not sure if they have a store on Ebay I've come across by but I checked out the site and it's fantastic. I especially love how they have ideas for one to make. The site is almost like a community itself. I love it! Thank you so so much for sharing! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,874
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 6:50 AM

Afaik, Lima does not operate on eBay or Etsy.  They are a small family owned business out of Michigan.  You will really like them.  Beware of the Big Green Bead Machine; it's addictive! (lol)

Glad I could help!

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 16
AnnieCStudio wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 10:29 AM

I am already hooked, lol!

Thanks a trillon! :D

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,874
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 31, 2012 3:29 AM

Uh-oh, better not tell you about the Tuesday Lunch Specials then.....oops! did I just say that out loud?Embarrassed

Glad you're getting on well with them.  Can't wait till Kevin goes to Tuscon in February......he brings back wicked cool stuff for his regulars to have a whack at!

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS