Happy Christmas!

This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Dec 21, 2012 8:48 AM

Just thought I'd wish everyone here a good Christmas and a happy New Year! It's been wonderful meeting all you lovely people and making new friends, so here's to many happy hours of beading in 2013!

Katie x

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,364
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 21, 2012 1:22 PM

Katie, Thank you and warm and happy (and profitable) holidays to you too. I showed your book to my bead group, don't know if it will prompt any purchases, but they DID ooh and aaah at the delights. The cupcakes (which is where I am starting) and the gingerbread men were the winners. You could see as someone would come to a dessert they were familiar with and they'd laugh and point. Donna in WestOR where the weather was wild and woolley yesterday and today is almost sunny...go figure.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 21, 2012 2:35 PM

Happy Christmas to you too, Katie! And to all beadlovers on this site.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,717
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 21, 2012 4:56 PM

Karin!  It's so beautiful!

Looks like the "Doomsday prophets" were wrong.....yet again.Confused  Honestly!  These people have way too much time on their hands......they should try beading!Smile  Did you do netting for this?

"'For behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  For today in the City of David a Saviour has been born who is Messiah and Lord.  And this will be a sign for you: you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.'  And suddenly, there was a multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to those on whom His favour rests.'" (Lk 2:10b-14; NAB)

To all of my friends here at Beading Daily; a most Blessed Christmas and Peace on earth to people of goodwill.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,364
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 21, 2012 9:41 PM

I don't really celebrate much at this time of year, but I think all of  you who do should have a healthy and happy season and if gifts are involved, I hope you all get what  you want..............

Best to all. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,139
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 22, 2012 1:43 AM

thanks for sharing, This is awesome!

Happy Holidays to one and all.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Dec 22, 2012 2:11 AM

Katie, it is really very kind of you to share your warm words with us!! It touches my heart in fact!! Hope you and everyone here have a nice Christmas as well. Gifts from Santa will soon be distributed, let's make good preparation for it, guys! Wink

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Dec 22, 2012 3:48 AM

Just got back in from putting Christmas cards out for mailing and for my friends & neighbors in the park -- brrrrrrr, it's cold!  (for SoCal -- 32 F!)  Happy Christmas & Merry New Year with best wishes for 2013!  May God Bless you and keep you from harm for this year and for the years to come.

Ottercat Coffee

12-22-12 (0148 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 505
on Dec 30, 2012 10:04 PM

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas :)

My eldest daughter and her man were home for 4 whole days before they had to go back to the other side of the state. It was nice having them here. them being here is what actually made it nice for me. I struggled a bit this year with Christmas spirit and that is very unusual for me because I LOVE Christmas!

Val, thanks for sharing that verse. As a Christian I sometimes feel a little out of place in several of the creative forums i hang out in. Not sure why, none of you have ever been anything but nice and helpful and friendly :)

I wish everyone a blessed and prosperous 2013! May your personal economies improve and your businesses grow (for those of you that do beading as a business)

Bead on!

Shellie :)

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,717
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 31, 2012 5:01 AM

You're welcome, Shellie.  Luke's Nativity is the most joyous, I think, and those are my favorite verses.  I understand how you feel; as Christians, we tend to be out of step with the rest of the world, mainly, because we follow such a different way of life; we try not to be selfish, and we put others first. ( I think most of the folks on this forum will agree that these attitudes are radically different from the majority of peoples' attitudes they see around them- me me me, gimmegimmeegimmeee.  Especially at this time of the year.  Have you seen an increase in this, ladies?)  But, as you know, "God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him might not perish but might have eternal life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world,but that the world might be saved through Him."(Jn 3:16-17; NAB)  That's why I'm happy to have found this site; whether Christian, Jewish, Hindu or what-have-you, everyone here is warm and giving and unselfish, not to mention extremely friendly. what more could you ask for?

To all of my Beading Daily Friends: have a Blessed and Peaceful New Year.  Here's to a fun 2013!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Dec 31, 2012 6:02 PM

I've just checked back here and it really warmed my heart to see the lovely things that people have written. To Donna - thank you so much for your generosity and kindness in supporting me and promoting my book to the bead group. To all of you - it's good to know that there are still plenty of people who are kind and generous and thoughtful, despite what we might be led to believe by the media. When I look back over 2012, I think I've met more people who have shown me kindness than people who've been selfish and ungenerous. It can be hard to keep the faith, whatever that faith may be and I know I've been guilty of letting it slip recently, so thank you to everyone for reminding me that there are good things in life. Wishing all of you peace and happiness in beading and in life for 2013.

Katie x

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS