instructions

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
dancer1954 wrote
on Dec 19, 2012 9:40 PM
I am new and am looking for a pattern for a beaded embrodery collar neclace. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!!!
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Dec 20, 2012 6:51 AM

Hi Dancer, and welcome. Your post doesn't specify if you are new to beading, or just new to this forum. There are tons of free patterns on the web. A short search will bring you a ton. If you're new to beading, I'd start with a MUCH simpler and smaller project. Some of those collars are very intricate, which is what makes them so beautiiful, of course. Practice practice practice!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,291
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Dec 20, 2012 7:44 AM

Dancer,

First welcome to the forum. You will find all kinds of help here, just ask. 

I also would Google it, I like to go to the images on Google. However, another good source would be your local library. There are several very good books out and they may be at your library.

In my opinion, whenever you decide to try a new form of something, there is a learning curve, and it doesn't matter how much experience you have in another form, you are a beginner with this form.  

Bead embroidery is more the knowledge of embroidery than beading.   When  I first tried bead embroidery, I Had been beading for at least 10 years,  however I taught a young lady with limited knowledge of beading, and she did a beautiful job of it and won a blue ribbon at the county fair with it.

I am self taught, and I never fear trying something new. If you don't give it that first try, you will not never do anything different. For everything has it's first. First boyfriend, first kiss, first beaded necklace, first off loom piece, the list can go on forever. 

I say go for it and have fun. What have you to lose, but your fear, if you don't  jump off the cliff, you'll never know if you can fly.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 21, 2012 7:06 PM

Warm Welcome to Beading Daily Forum. There are tons of free patterns here "under Projects" . Look in 'Readers Showcase" also for ideas.

Google it is always a great idea.

stop back in often.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS