Matching beads to a photo

This post has 41 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,566
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 30, 2012 6:21 PM

windyislandacres:

Yes, that's what i meant.  The colors aren't even close.  I've tried lightening and darkening the photo to no avail. Grrrrr.

Windy, I know you are on your way to working this out now, but for future information..........the picture as you scanned it and the picture on your screen and the picture as you print it SHOULD all be very close. So one thing or another is off and needs to be adjusted. Back in the dark ages of computers there were many solutions for calibrating these pieces of equipment, now they are hardly needed because of more sophisticated computing. Did you use the freebie software? That could also be in the mix for needing tweaked. Are you resaving the picture with a new name each time you change it? At times it can be the simplest problem that solves it all.

geeez, it is times like this when it would be nice to live just "down the street" from you and be able to pop over and help you out..........darn. Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Dec 30, 2012 6:36 PM

but Donna, then I would have to clean my house  Big Smile

This problem is with the Bead  Tool 4, and it  happens with any picture I stick in there.....granted, I don't have that many....  Yes, i give them all different names.....I now have a boat load!   

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,566
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 30, 2012 7:25 PM

Windy, I have two very large hairy dogs and I am retired..........you or anyone else does not need to clean house for me to visit..........only if you have cat hairs or bird feathers. My dogs have doggie doors so they track in TONS of dirt and sand and walk around on their dirty dog feetses.........although they do have to come in through two doors and most of the excess water is gone.........thank doG for that!!! I have a heavy duty, well used vacuum, but my house is never what I'd call clean.........LOL

I'd go to Bead Tool help desk and ask them about the problem, it could be something fairly simple, like a missed step............ Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Dec 31, 2012 5:46 PM

this is the photo I'm working with.....it looks good and clear to me.  Opinions?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 1, 2013 3:48 AM

Nice picture.  I'd wait to see what Donna comes up with -- she has experience with Bead Tool 4, I've just started to look at that program.  Have patience, this may be just a small fix.  I noticed that the second story railing (on the right) fades into the background.  Could this be part of the problem?  Do you have a photo program?  Changing the contrast could help (always work on the duplicate and save the original photo in another file).  Again, please wait to see what Donna finds out.  That's my two cents worth; keep me/us posted.  And best wishes for the new year (2013).

Ottercat Coffee

01-01-13 (0147 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Jan 1, 2013 8:04 AM

i tried playng with contrast and brightness...even "sharpening"  Depending on the beads I use, I get a roof and lawn  of the same color, or a purple sky, etc.  I even made a palette of the beads I have....purchased to match the pic....to no avail!  If this is a test of patience, I think I am failing Sad

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 2, 2013 6:45 PM

Hang on -- you just gave Donna more information (symptoms) to pin point the problem (trouble shooting).  You're not failing -- you've been trying to sort out the problem and that takes patience.  I'm sure it'll work out.

Ottercat Coffee

01-02-13 (1644 PST)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,566
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 2, 2013 7:15 PM

Windy, what size are you trying to make your picture? Give me some general ideas.And how many colors have you put in your palette?

Purple sky? Wowser, is this like a song or something..............sorry, I've been out beading with the guurls this afternoon and we had so much fun and conversation and laughter, I am still jazzed.

Ottercat................this Donna uses Bead Creator Pro, but I did test out Bead Tool at one point, when it came to making the decision, I had the extra dollars in my pocket and went with BCP.........so I am useless with BT, which is why I suggested she goes to the BT help desk.

Donna who loves a challenge.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Jan 2, 2013 7:33 PM

the whole pic will be about 13x7.  I wanted to mount it in a shadow box

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 2, 2013 7:43 PM

D.M.Z:
this Donna uses Bead Creator Pro, but I did test out Bead Tool at one point, when it came to making the decision, I had the extra dollars in my pocket and went with BCP.........so I am useless with BT, which is why I suggested she goes to the BT help desk.

Oops Embarrassed, so you did.

Ottercat Coffee

01-02-13 (1743 PST)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,566
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 2, 2013 9:06 PM

Windy, well................... I just ran the picture through BCP and it is pretty washed out looking. Not a lot to work with. So I dumped that and took the pic back through Photoshop and with a LOT of tweaking with histograms, saturations and such, it came out a bit better, but there is not a lot of information in that photo, What would be infinitely better is a better photo of the house, less glarey sunshine, more color registered in the camera. BCP originally chose 200 colors, but I cut it down to about 50 with no loss in an already light picture. The purple you are seeing in the sky is actually being picked up from the clouds and the lawn needed punched up on the green bar of the histogram to look like lawn should look. The house looks to be faced with a varigated yellowish sandstone, which is almost too washed out to pull back up. I'd heartily suggest a new photo for you to start with....... Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Jan 2, 2013 9:26 PM

I really appreciate all your help.  It looked like such a good picture to me.  Of course, that's coming from someone who only has a cell phone for a camera.  When my sister took that pic, it was with a real camera  :)

On the bright side, it isn't because  the BeadTool wasn't working.   Thanks again!

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous  1 2 3 | RSS