New Year's Beading Resolutions?

This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Dec 19, 2012 2:21 AM

Is anyone planning beading resolutions for the New Year?

I have two main ones

1. To use up some of my leftover and random buys ("that's gorgeous - must have it") languishing in the spare room.

2. To be more adventurous with colour.

But then..... would like to learn new techniques, would like to learn how to use a loom, want to make this project, that project, want to finish those UFO's...want more beads!! Beaders never get bored!

Have wonderful Christmas.

Christina

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Dec 19, 2012 3:03 AM

HI Christina, I really appreciate your ideas, you can have a try boldly! Smile

And recently I am planning my new year's beading resolution as well. 

I am learning from my colleagues to bead some Christmas gifts for my litter family members, as well as come wedding gifts for my brother. As for the first category, I would use some like to bead some very cute animal pendants for the kids, and some elegant brooches for the Miss, well, I can not figure out what kind of items for Mr. in my family. Oh~ Almost forget the point, right now I am beading a bride bouquet with white pearl beads and feathers for the incoming wedding etc. Hope they love my idea.

Aha, surely I still need to learn new techniques, to learn how to manage those bead appropriately, yeah, there are so many stuffs I need to learn. :) Get busy gradually. 

Find yourself some special pleasures in Christmas, guys!  Gift

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 19, 2012 9:15 AM

Mine is to have the grand opening of my new store.  I am sooooooooo nervous!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 3:24 AM

New Year's beading resolutions?  Well now....let me have a think Hmm.

Get organized, for one.  Finish my tutorial and get published (maybe).  Make different bead projects (for sale?).  Get connected with others that bead.  Teach someone to bead who'll pass on that knowledge to others (teaching -- the gift that keeps giving).

Mostly -- get focused & follow my muse (beading, etc.) and all that entails Wink.

Best Wishes, Val -- you'll do fine!  Looking forward to seeing your store Big Smile.

Ottercat Coffee

12-29-12 (0124 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 567
Beadiecat wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 8:48 AM

I would like to use up more beads from my stash, instead of buying new beads all the time.  The temptation is hard to resist, though, heehee.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 9:23 PM

I received "BeadTool 4" for christmas. so first on the list its. Spending one day a week designing all those imaginary bead patterns that run thru my head.

I also go  painting Supplies, Oils, Acrylics, etc. so one day a week "to paint."

The other 7 days of my week just for beading.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 478
Calico3 wrote
on Dec 30, 2012 5:38 AM

I've been doing fewer craft shows and as I get older they're becoming more of a PITA, so I'm taking my jewelry making in a somewhat different direction.

My 1st resolution is to do a major destashing and only keep my absolute favorite beads and my Delicas. All else will go on eBay in boxed lots.

It seems that my more unique pieces are the ones that (eventually) sell the best so my 2nd resolution is to not bother trying to have enough stock of low or medium priced items for the few shows I still do, and just make things that I'm really inspired about.

My 3rd resolution is to approach a locally owned jewelry store about carrying some of my work. My husband had a watched fixed there last summer and the owner mentioned that he sometimes has pieces by area artists.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Dec 30, 2012 10:10 AM

*LOL* For years now my only resolution is to stop trying to think up resolutions. Perhaps that's a resolutions on it's own?? Happy New Year to all

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 523
on Dec 30, 2012 11:11 PM

My beading goals are to learn how to better incorporate my clasps into my jewelry designs. It is currently a huge challenge for me.

Another goal is to "master" the art of tutorial writing. I've been  teaching beading classes and the students have had nothing but good things to say about my teaching style but IMO my tutorials leave  a lot of room for improvement! I have a creative brain, not a technical one so it's definitely a skill I've been working on developing.

Another goal is to teach at least 3 classes a month. I have a studio behind my house so I don't need to rent a space in order teach classes. Teaching brought me much needed income during the holiday season this year and I truly enjoy teaching :)

My third goal is to earn at least half as much selling my pieces as I do teaching classes. Last year was pretty horrible for me all around as far as creative income goes.

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,493
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 31, 2012 1:00 AM

Resolutions are good for me, I make them and have a tendency to keep them. A couple of years ago I decided to finish up UFO's during my lull times between big loom projects. My UFO's grow during the year and winter is perfect for dragging them out and knuckling down and finishing some. At least I keep it contained to one drawer.

I just de-stashed beads a couple of months ago, so that is already done and can't be a resolution, ditto with cleaning up my work area.My desk looks awesome.

The only one left is to do an up to date inventory on delicas...........what a chore that is!!! I have to be in the right frame of mind, get out the inventory list, the scale, and the infinite patience mode. Oh, also to continue working on my delica color swatches which help me when I need to substitute colors in a project. Yep, I have resolutions that I can work on. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jan 1, 2013 11:32 AM

Organize, clean and destash...I am starting today.

I hope to post some of the destash beads either here in the Bead Barter section or on my Blog. :)

Happy New Beads! I mean Year..Confused

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS