Hello from the UK its Julie

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Dec 13, 2012 2:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

just a little bit about me and to say hello to everyone out there.

I have been making jewellery for years and years and it is a true love and passion of mine and I am so lucky that this is now my business and I can spend everyday doing something that I love.

I am looking forward to seeing what every one is doing and how people from different countries work and all the different styles of handmade and handcrafted beaded jewellery that they make 

Julie

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 14, 2012 8:46 PM

Hey, Julie!

Welcome to our beading family!  I'm Val and I live in upstate NY.  My cousin Ginger lives in Bolton, Manchester, and my cousin Suzy lives in Norwich, Norfolk.  I was in Manchester a couple summers ago, and had a wonderful time.  Wonderful country up North.  I have a friend here named Rachel who's originally from Chichester in Kent. Whereabouts are you at?  I enjoyed Manchester a great deal; the climate is just like it is here, so I didn't have to buy a completely different wardrobe.  Got to have my very first 99.  It was great!

Hope you have fun here!  Tirrah!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Dec 15, 2012 1:29 AM

Thank you for your warm welcome Val,

I am a northern girl but from the other side of the side to Manchester West Yorkshire. The nearest City's to Me are Leeds and York. I live in a very pretty small village and I have been here about 10 years and I love it.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to the UK

I am looking forward to finding my way around the forum and having a look at what everyone is up to.

Beaded jewellery designs are my passion and I love working with semi-precious beads and creating unique designs and I turned my hobby into my job about 7 years ago.

Thank you again for your warm welcome

Julie 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 15, 2012 3:22 AM

Ah, Yorkshire.   I understand that's quite nice.  You close to Newcastle, then?  Or Whitby Bay?  You have the prettiest country up north, I think. (Wouldn't that just drive the Londoners barmy?!)  I hope to be able to come back again for a longer visit, one of these days.  Ginger(my cousin) wants to take me to the Lakes District.  From everything I've been told, it's breathtaking!

Can't wait to see your designs.  We have the Readers Gallery; that's where we all post pics of our designs to show each other.

I know you'll have fun here!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Dec 16, 2012 1:19 AM

Yorkshire. Gods country.

Yes it is a very beautiful county and I am about 65 miles in land from Whitby and about 90 south of Newcastle if that helps. 

Whitby is one of my favourite places near the sea, Did you see the examples of the Whitby jet jewellery while you were there?

Julie 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 16, 2012 6:45 PM

Hmmmm........sounds like you're like fairly close to Sheffield, then.  Yes, I've heard Whitby is very lovely.  No, sadly, I don't believe I did.  I'm really hoping to be able to scrape the blunt together to be able to stay for a month next time.  I'd really like to see more.  Don't have any real desire to see London, tho.  London's not England.  I'll have to look up Whitby's jet jewellery on the net and have a nosey.  Sounds reaaly nice, and just a wee bit mysterious!

Norfolk reminded me a lot of the area where I'm originally from.  I was born and raised in Virginia Beach, Virginia, but often went up to Norfolk, VA.  Both are on the sea.  Both are on the east coasts of our respective countries.  And we pronounce it exactly the same way you lot do.  Actually, our Southern accents are closer to your British accents than the Yankees up North.(g).  I might be stuck living in NY right now, but I am a Southern Girl!  We're actually more like you Northerners there.  We have the softer, gentler accents.

As Tigger would say, TTFN!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 16, 2012 11:05 PM

Warm Welcome to Beading Daily Forum. Please share photo's of your creations in the "Readers Showcase". we all love to see what everyone else is doing.

This is a family Friendly site. Drop in often and share

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Dec 17, 2012 3:02 AM

Thank you for your warm welcome Mary,

I will certainly upload some of my designs soon, like everyone else everything Things are a little bit hectic with Christmas but things will start and quieten down soon so I shall have some more free time to have a good look around and let you see what I am up to. From what I have seen there are very talented people on the site and I have seen some beautiful pieces of handmade bead jewellery 

Julie  

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS