Some Christmas Bling

This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 5:13 PM

Hi Beadlovers,

This bracelet is flat spiral stitch. I used small beads and it ended up a very slender and elegant bracelet. It's only 10 mm wide. Sorry, I don't know by heart how much that is in inches. It's small, anyway, and has a lovely beadfeel to it. I've been wearing it since I finished it.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,466
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 5:47 PM

Karin, It is lovely and very dignified looking. I like the colors very much.And I like the use of the crystals down the center.......they really show up well.

We (one of my bead pals and I) took a class to learn that and she bought the instructor's kit. I took one look at the tiny beads and decided to make it one size larger. I used some 8/o transparent matte topaz up the center, pinky salmon-y 11/o delicas for the sides and accented with clear AB 3mm firepolish on the edges. It turned out well because I could see my slightly bigger beads. My friend got about 3 inches done on hers before she was having eye strain............

I wear mine all the time too, it is easy and light weight and I love the color.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 8:16 PM

I love it, Karin!  It looks so nautical! (If I framed it, it would make perfect art for my new apartment!)

Hugs! Tot ziens!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 11:36 AM

Your new apartment ???????!!!!!!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
megabgirl wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 5:23 PM

Very elegant. I love the gold accents.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 6:31 PM

Oh, yes!  That was my birthday present.  Actually it's a complete renovation, but same thing.  I have a lovely little flat; approximately 450sq ft. or about 42 sq. metres.  It's quite cosy.  I noe have a full bath with a walk in shower, a lovely vanity with a marble counter, and a low-flow commode.  I have a kitchenette, and a dining area/living area, and a separate bedroom.  We will be laying new carpwt shortly, then I get to start decorating!  Whee!  I've always wanted a beach cottage, so that's the style I'm going for; vey soft, mellow colors, and lots of nautical stuff.  I grew up near the water most of my life.  Just because I'm landlocked now, doesn't mean I'm going to give up feeling like I'm near the water!  My mother has some lovely wicker furniture that will look perfect in my living room, and an antique, weathered iron headboard for my bed.  Evrything should be nearly complete by New Year's.  It's so exciting for me!  The sea is in my blood; probably because my dad was in the Navy!  I love those big ships, and I really love yachts, the REAL ones!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 12:00 PM

Oh Val, that sounds wonderful! A beach cottage. I'll post a picture of our Rita, the yacht we live on, our home. We love her so dearly and I'm sure you'll like her too. We're the 5th owner and the first 3 were Americans. She was built in 1984. She's seen the east and west coast of the States crossed the Altantic and now she's doing Europe. Ain't she pretty?

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,466
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 1:35 PM

Karin, Oh My, what a handsome Rita she is...........double ender? like a Baba or similar? Anyway it looks divine and I'd love living on it also. We have never had a large boat like that and now we have a couple of kayaks and a silly little squarish thing just for bobbing around (a Sabot). I don't do exactly real well on water, but was much improved when I wore contact lenses, so it had a lot to do with my vision connected with my ears.............silly me. Now I am waiting for eye surgery and hopefully will ditch forever the seasickness that I can get on dry land even. Donna P.S.: my hubby asks if you have beads in the bilges.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 1:35 PM

Hi D.M.Z. ,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know about eye strain too although my eyes are still pretty good. There's insufficient lighting on Rita, our boat. And because I'm terribly addicted to beading, I sometimes stay up late to finish something. Then the next day my eyes are really hurting. I must do something about it.

I got this enormous apparatus in mind that Maddy showed us a few weeks ago. In which she looked like a Martian, ha,ha.

Greetings from karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 1:46 PM

Hi Donna,

Of course we got beads in the bilges, millions of them. Sometimes I'm short of just a few beads of a certain kind and then I'll clean our bilges and hopefully find enough to finish the project.

Yeah, she's a double ender, a Hans Christian. Very heavy (20 tons) and very safe in rough weather.

I've been told that seasickness has to do with you equilibrity (spelled OK?). The better that is developped, the more seasick you get. Isn't that a bummer? Yours must be extremely good!

Oh no, eye surgery? What are they going to do?

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,466
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 2:08 PM

Karin, I have always had very very bad eyesight, correctable but barely. Recently I have been able to (for extra $$$ of course) had my glasses extra thin so they look rather normal. I was just at the end of the technology to do that and a cataract started. My eye doc is really great and he said as soon as it bothered me we'd get it fixed. And since I am soooo poor in vision and have one starting in the other eye, they are going to do both and I will have vision that I have never had except for the years I was able to wear contact lenses. But they suddenly got very expensive and I went back to wearing glasses. But cataract surgery is very common place now, so it is a breeze and I heal fast, so baring difficulties I'll see like never before.........then I can wear reading glasses like everyone else........ha, ha.

Regarding equilibrium........... I have always been very active, gymnastics, bicycling, tennis, roller skating, so yes good balance it is mostly because of my eyesight that I get seasick and not always at sea. I can get totally seasick walking on a floating dock, but ok once onboard, so it is the difference between where I am walking and looking mostly.

Hans Christian.......oooooh. I saved your picture and when I get nostalgic for sailing, I'll put it on my desktop page. Most of the time I rotate flowers, my dogs and others pets. Take care. Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 4:15 PM

Hi Donna, wouldn't that be great if you could see again properly. I hope it will be done soon. Rita is very honoured to be rotated on your desktop.

Take care as well, Donna.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 263
Sharon Mc wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 6:49 PM

Karin, I love this bracelet. It seems like the kind you can wear day or dressed up at night. I've never heard of a flat spiral stitch, I will have to find a pattern for it somewhere. 

Sharon Mc

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 11:42 PM

Yes!  I just picked up some beachy pics today!  I'm so excited to decorate!  I love the water; I've been a little waterbug since I was able to wade in and learn to swim.

Oh, what a beautiful schooner you have!  I love it!  That would be so much fun to go sailing on; the wind in your hair, the sea spray on your face...."all I need is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."  I know that's from a poem, I just can't remember the name of it.  I really miss being near the water.  When I lived in Virginia Beach I was only 2 measly miles from the Atlantic.  I used to go swimming in it every summer.  Okay, I have to stop now; I'm only making myself morose.Crying

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,822
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 11:45 PM

Oh Karin, btw, my wallpaper is a slideshow of different yachts at different times of the day.  It's very relaxing.  Even has ocean sound effects!Big Smile

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS