miniature beading mannequin form

This post has 27 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,529
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 13, 2012 6:00 PM

Sharon ..........so we are in the same boat, I have a cataract I am waiting to have removed from my left eye which will leave me with GREAT vision there, the right eye is next as they would be too unbalanced if onoly one was fixed. I can't see squat right now and my typos are getting silly (I usually find them and fix them, but some have been hilarious)

I am finishing a bead embrodered bracelet........it's taking me eons. I bought some size 10 delicas for the main background, edging done in 11/o delicas but around the flower itself that is on the bracelet, I wanted just a bit of green, so I outlined the cab that is in the center with Toho yellow/green 15/o and now I need to build up a row or two of peyote to double secure the cab...................cannot believe it is taking me DAYS to do this as I just can't work "one eyed" for long. My good eye takes over and then gets eyestrain.......just cannot wait for the surgery so I can bead like a maniac again. Donna

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 572
Beadiecat wrote
on Dec 15, 2012 4:02 AM

Kathy,

I did a Google image search, and I found a book of beaded dress patterns on Etsy

Hope this helps,

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Not Ranked
Posts 7
psycobeader wrote
on Mar 10, 2014 4:59 PM

i just ran across this post...i don't know if you are still interested, but i thought you might enjoy my input.   i got interested in beading miniature dresses.  i used Barbie dolls.  It was kind of an experiment that went quite well actually.  i just started with a strand of seed beads around her waist and went from there.  At that time i did mostly peyote stitch, but there are a few other stitches used.   It was great fun.  i still have most of them, but a made a few for gifts and sold a couple as well.  i haven't done any in about 10 years now, but i really should since my beading skills and techniques have drastically grown since then.  After i had done a few of these, i ran across a used mannequin which i have always intended to bead...i still have her.  One of these days i hope that i follow through.  Here's a pic of my "girls" no doubt on their way to a fancy place for a night out...lori

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,868
Valbeads wrote
on Mar 10, 2014 5:09 PM

Holy crap, you're talented!  Those dresses look really real!  The long red and long purple ones are my favorites.  You better hope some couturier doesn't see these and copy them in silks or tulle or some fabric!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 7
psycobeader wrote
on Mar 10, 2014 5:40 PM

You are so kind.  Those are two of my favorites too.  I'll tell you a secret about the red one...i never mind sharing...the bodice is just simple square stitch and a little double sided tape to keep it in the right place.  Barbie is very hard to fit across the chest and hips.  The skirt is really something i ran across  that was used on one of the first beaded Christmas ornaments i ever saw.  It worked well for a skirt on the red one and  the white one is the same...but a little slip was needed because it is quite see thru.  i really love delicas and most of them were done with them (the purple one is size 11 seed beads.)  i'm not OCD or anything like that...it was an easy math calculation, but the red dress is almost 10,000 delicas and the others are in the same ballpark.  Give it a try, you might be pleasantly surprised how lovely your Barbie will turn out...lori

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 621
shanks wrote
on Mar 10, 2014 5:55 PM

That is out of this world. The best use of delica's I have ever seen.  The white dress is my favorite. Have you ever submitted your pictures to the BARBIE people? Could be some great advertising for you. After that job, your name says it all 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 257
beadinstyle wrote
on Mar 10, 2014 7:22 PM

I used to have miniature knitted bead dresses in my shop, and we used small porcelain doll models for them. Some were full models, some were half dolls, both had a stand for display.

I can chase up a photo if you like, or maybe Google porcelain half dolls. About 5" high.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,868
Valbeads wrote
on Mar 11, 2014 1:58 AM

Thanks for the info , Lori.  I have a broken thumb, though and was never able to regain more than 15% range of motion. (I'm lucky to have it at all!)  As it's my working thumb, I can't hold onto a bead needle anymore so I can't do that type of beading.  Doesn't mean I don't know wicked talent when I see it, though!Big Smile  I do wire working, instead, and filigree work.  I am tempted to steal my nieces' Barbies, though,and send 'em to you to let you work your magic!<g>

Val 

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 7
psycobeader wrote
on Mar 11, 2014 2:04 AM

Sorry to hear about your thumb, but i'm pleased to hear that you are able to do other things.  Wire work and filigree is no small feat...keep up the good work...lori

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 75
AlexiaFF wrote
on Mar 11, 2014 1:15 PM

Do a google search. Amazon has them. You don't want dollhouse dress forms. They are really small.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Mar 12, 2014 10:24 AM

Wow these dresses are so awesome- they look real! Amazing, amazing stuff!! Would definitely like to see more!! I think the Barbie company would be interested in this also. Barbie with the latest runway trends... I could see it!

marutibeads.com - some really cool beads..

Not Ranked
Posts 1
sassymocha wrote
on Apr 24, 2014 1:29 AM

I`m just ah..  specchless, have trying to find some patterns so I can teach my class at the Senior Citizen Center. If you know of were I can fine forms or dress patterns please let me know. There some miniature forms on @ fire mountain and gems.com. Good luck!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Jun 19, 2014 4:28 PM

I really love the red dress above! You could make that gown for a formal dinner party and blow everyone away! Great job :)

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS