adding briolette to 2 needle RAW

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 136
rosyjazz wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 3:03 PM

I am making a 2 needle right angle weave necklace for my girlfriend for christmas. I want to add a 14mm heart shaped briolette onto the middle (see pic - teardrop used for presentation). What would be the way YOU would add it? I thought about using the seedbeads to attach the two sides with the brio in the middle. The brio either having a bail or a jump ring. I do prefer the look of the bail. I am using fireline.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,262
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 6:48 PM

Well, after some study of your design. I have come to the conclusion, that you want the necklace to come to some sort of point in the front. To add the drop I would connect the two pieces you have by closing the top of the center with another bicone, on the bottom I would connect the two pieces by  adding a bicone a seed bead or two the drop a another seed bead or two and another bicone and connect that to the side of the pieces you already have. 

This could be accomplished by either the one or two needle method.

I hope I have made that clear to understand. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 136
rosyjazz wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 4:59 PM

Yes, sorry, that is correct. I'd like the necklace to form a V.

I like your idea. However, the sawarovski heart is drilled front to back...Therefore, I will need to use a bail for it to look good in my eyes.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS