Hello from the Netherlands

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
nivani wrote
on Dec 9, 2012 4:22 AM

Hello everybody!

My name is Nienke. I'm 26 years old and i live in the Netherlands. I'm active at a dutch beading forum, forum.kralen.com and i just found this forum when i was looking for some beading stuff.

My English is not very good, but I hope I can comunicate with you. I'm better in reading than I am in writing. :P

I started beading 6 years ago as a hobby with cheap plastic beads. And now I'm using other beads and having a big bead-collection. Last year I did a big order at fire mountain gems (think you all know them).

I am busy with my new webshop at the moment. But i don't have much time, because I have a fulltime job at the hospital. Im working at the Pathology.

Well I hope you all know enough about me, if not, ask me.

Ow, I have a boyfriend,Joost, and I love animals :)

Nienke

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,296
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Dec 9, 2012 8:46 AM

Welcome Nienke,

I am glad you found our little corner of the web. 

Your English is just fine, I had no trouble at all understanding what you wrote. So don't be afraid of that. So come and chat often, we love chatting with with all our beadie friends. Please visit our Readers Showcase thread, and let us see what you love to make, we love looking at eye candy.

I know your country very well, as my husband and I along with our two children lived in Soesteburg from 1976 - 1979, while hubby was stationed at Camp New Amsterdam with the US Air Force.  We have some very found memories of our time in the Netherlands. We often speak of the puffatures (? spelling) Loved, loved them, they were always on our list of must have when ever we went to Amsterdam.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 178
carolee1945 wrote
on Dec 9, 2012 9:45 AM

Welcome. I was in Amsterdam for ten days about ten years ago.  It was the experience of a lifetime.  I hesitate to go back because how could it ever be that good again?? To grow up with all that wonderful art around you just made me so envious!!! Welcome, again. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,866
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 9, 2012 4:47 PM

Hallo, Nienke!

Hoe gaat het met je?  Mijn naam is Valerie.  I'm actually American, but I have two friends here at BD, Karin, who is Dutch, and Katrien, who is Dutch Belgian, so I am learning Dutch for them and because it's fun for me!  I speak Russian fluently, some French, I'm learning more German, I know a bit of Swahili and Ashanti,and now I'm learning Dutch and Swedish.  I enjoy learning new languages tremendously.  One language I hope to learn is Mandarin.  One of my doctors is originally from Shanghai, and I wan to be able to speak to her in her own language, just for the fun of it!

Welcome to the family!  Yes, most of us adore FMG.  They have great sales and very nice product.

Tot ziens!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Dec 9, 2012 6:21 PM

Welcome, Nienke. Your Engnlish is wonderful and there is no problem understanding you. I am happy your English is very good. I don't speak or write other languages, nor do I care to. I tend to ignore them. But I must warn you, there is a great deal I understand.

Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Sollys wrote
on Dec 17, 2012 9:06 AM

Hoi Neinke, and everyone else!

Glad to see that I'm not the only Dutch person here.

Lots of luck with your onlinestore, do you allready have a link to share?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 18, 2012 10:51 PM

I just wanted to say,"Welcome to the beading dialy forum." drop in often and join in the chats/Post. New folks always welcome!

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS