Gemstone and Bead books

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
cmfrangie843 wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 12:43 PM

HI All!

Need some advice--I need to buy a book that will give me examples of the various semi precious gemstones, tell me about the stone, stone meanings and/or folklore, and any healing qualities of the stone--any suggestions?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,499
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 2:04 PM

I'd suggest two books, one on gemstones that will give you ACCURATE information on them and what stones are commonly mistaken for them........very important so you don't call something it is not, which would be bad for biz. The best book for that is Gemstones of the World by Schumann. There have been many editions printed, the newest ones have lesser known gems in the back, but otherwise any version will be useful. For the second book.............well I am at a loss as to what to recommend, as the meanings of stones varies from one belief to another, one nation to another. I am sure there are at least a gazillion out there, match one to your needs. I'd bet though that  you will end up buying more than one. Try your library first, see if they have anything to start with. You may find the perfect book for you at the library and you then just have to go out and buy a copy.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
cmfrangie843 wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 2:23 PM

thanks! good advice!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS