Long time no C

This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 83
oilnwine wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 12:57 PM

Sorry I haven't been around much. Not that I haven't been beading, I sure have. One thing is for sure: the minute you think you have it "all together" you find that you're just barely scratching the surface, lol. I mean, it seems that all these stitches are easy once you think you get them, and you are using all the same size beads. But I lately got so confused doing the peyote stitch with different size beads, ugh... I ended up taking my project apart at least 4 times and finally abandoning it altogether. Have you all been frustrated like this? LOL

Here are some of the things I have finished, though. This first one is a cute bracelet in peyote stitch after I abandoned the different seed sizes and stuck with just one size beads, lol. I wish I had a gold clasp, that would have looked better... sigh.

And here is a fun bracelet I did using a herringbone wire-wrap. Not sure what kind of beads they are. I would like to believe they are ebony :)

And here is another peyote stitch bracelet. Not sure if I like the stripes, so I added the flowers to deter your eye away from them.

Thanks for looking!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 3:07 PM

Hi Maddy, i suppose lots of people are very busy in this time of the year, i don't get to write much too, i am just so busy in the evenings with making christmas presents, and the time is running fast....

I adore you first peyote, mine wasn't looking so good. i think i know what you mean, before i got in the joy of miyuki beads i tryed it too with different shaped ones, it was fun but a bit nervracking too, with the right beads its just such pleasure to work.

The first two bracelets i like most, they are simply great! Have fun with your next objects.

Greetings

AuntyAkoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 1:26 AM

Hi, Maddie!

The silver clasp works just fine with that first bracelet; in fact, I prefer it.  I like the color scheme you used; it would fit right in with my beach cottage decor in my new apartment.  I could frame it and hang it up as art!  Aren't I clever? (Don't I make you want to vomit?Confused  I'm not really that vain, promise!)

The black and silver bracelet is way cool!  The beads look like they might either be onyx or obsidian.

Actually, the flowers are a nice accent on the third bracelet; they show the stripes to advantage.  I rather like the strpes, myself.

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 83
oilnwine wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 12:45 PM

Hi Aunty Akoya, Thanks for the reply. Yes, I realize this is a busy time of the year. Well, this particular pattern I mentioned was a peyote bracelet and it just looked adorable, but it was SO hard trying to get everything to line up properly. I will post a screenshot of the bracelet here.

I just LOVE the way it looks but it was so frustrating getting everything correct. One of these days I will give it another try.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 83
oilnwine wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 12:47 PM

You are too funny! The beads feel like wood. I am not sure what it is as I got it from someone I worked for (that owed me money) and that was one of the things he gave me. It did have a good size price tag attached to it, so I am guessing it is some kind of ebony. Not sure either. It is definitely not a stone.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 2:17 PM

Maybe they are ebony wood then.  That would be cool.

Maddie, Maddie, Maddie.......you just had to go and make a bracelet in purple, didn't you?  Meanie!(lol)  Love it!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 8:42 AM

Well never mind if it doesn't work out like in a tutorial, most time still comes out something beautiful :). and then in the next try its getting better, so far my experience.

Greetings

May the beads be with you!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 83
oilnwine wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 1:06 PM

No, Val, this is what I was TRYING to make! It never came out. I just took a screenshot of the tutorial. One of these days....Embarrassed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 11:46 PM

(small voice) oh....oops!  Well, I'm embarrassed now.Embarrassed

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 178
carolee1945 wrote
on Dec 9, 2012 9:49 AM

I like what you did with the black beads and the wire. They look like eyes!!  I like your other creations as well!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 16, 2012 11:01 PM

Lovely Bracelet. I think in Arizona, USA they call this pattern the "Bump in the Road Cellini Spiral". I tried it, but  the finished bracelet looked more like it was caught in a vacumn Cleaner than a bump in the roadCrying I Salute you! Looks Great!

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS