more by Niwas!!

This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Dec 5, 2012 1:16 PM

hello hello I have been quite busy for a while but I got some new stuff to show you.
a new leather imitaion bracelet with green seed beads

A necklace with mackramé ending in the back

and finally a embroidery with a black facetted glass drop in the middle.

I also show my things on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 5, 2012 6:13 PM

That emerald necklace would go awesome with this emerald dress I just got!  I'm drooling over all of it!  Must nick my dad's camera and start photographing some more of my stuff!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 10:32 AM

Valbeads:
Must nick my dad's camera and start photographing some more of my stuff!

Yeah, please do, Val!

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 4:50 PM

SeaBeads:
Yeah, please do, Val!

i join, YES PLEASE DO Val, echo echo :)), that would be so lovely, can't live with only having seen the shower from yours, oh and maybe your dad might lend you the cameraWink

@Niwas, great new jewellery Niwas, wow you are quite a busy bee! That pendant is faboulous.

Greetings

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 1:16 AM

I'll see what I can do.  I'm thinking I may be up for awhile.  My mum is on her way to the ER; my dad is taking her.  I think she's having an anaphylactic reaction to something; she just developed a rash and it's just spreading and getting worse. I'm here taking care of Zoe and Mac (and vice versa) but I know I will fret.  I will pray to my guardian, Bl. John Paul, to watch out for her.  Can everyone please pray for my mom?  Thanks!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 3:11 PM

Thank tou so much for all you´r kind comments.

it is quite cold here sometimes, so I got some sparetime beading when my children is a sleep.
I mean every body needs some "ME" time when they have small children
a couple of days ago we had -16 degrees celcius and I prefered to stay inside .

Val:
I´m sorry to hear about you´r mom Val,really hope she will get well soon.
The first picture  with green emerald coloured glass beads is a bracelet I made for a women (about 65 years old) that just met a new man she is about to start dating  and she bought a new dress that she wanted some new jewelry to Big Smile I´m so flattered she chose my design Big Smile

Is there any other word for necklaces,bracelets & ring other than jewelry??
English is not my first language and jewelry sounds so expensive for me because I think of jewels.
So I´m just wondering if you call it jewelry even if it´s not really expensive stones and gold & silver 

Hope you all will have a wonderful weekend

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 6:34 PM

Hi Niwas,

I'm not a native speaker either but I think jewelry (I've seen it spelled like jewellery as well) is fine also for beaded things. Here in Portugal they call them 'joyas' which is such a nice word! Like joy, very playful.

Hope you'll have a nice weekend as well.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 9:11 PM

Niwas,

Thank you so much.  Mom is home now and recovering.  They think her cold might somehow have caused the rash.  Not sure how, but I guess it happens.

It is horribly cold and damp here now.  It goes below 0°C pretty much ever night now.  Won't be long now till we drop down to 0°F!  Brrrrrr!  Have I whined lately about how much I hate winter?!

Well......here in the US we call it all jewelry; we just call it two different types: the kind of jewelry most of us make is known as fashion jewelry.  The 14k gold, or sterling or fine silver, or platinum, or palladium jewelry with precious stones like diamonds, rubies, sapphires, etc., is called fine jewelry.  Or, you can call the fashion jewelry, "accessories."

What is your nationality, Niwas?  Karin's Dutch, Katrien's Belgian and Akoya's German.  I speak Russian fluently, some French, a little German and I'm learning Dutch, because Katrien also speaks Dutch, as well as Karin because she's from N. Belgium.  I'm half German, half Scottish, and you can see how Celtic I look from my pic!  Speaking of Russian, I was out having dinner after Mass tonight, and ran into a lady who is Russian.  When she found out I spoke Russian, she went crazy!  She said she thought I was Russian!  I began learning Russian when I was young, so I speak it with a Russian accent.  So there we were, standing in the middle of the restaurant, yakking away in Russian, and heads are starting to turn!(lol)  It was funny to see the surprise on people's faces, because Russian comes as easily to me as American English, so I can speak in Russian just as fast as I can in English.  It was SO much fun!  I love learning languages.  Seems God made me kind of a natural at it; because I pick a new language up fairly quickly.  I really like to be able to speak to people in their own language. Plus it looks as though I may have gotten myself a new client, too!  Whee!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 2:29 AM

oh I´m glad to hear you´r mom feels better.

whn i was youns I got a rash that was itching and the skin became dry that was caused by the weather. Warm inside & cold outside it wascommon among travelling airhostessses.

by the way i´ m from Sweden

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 2:57 AM

Valbeads:
as well as Karin because she's from N. Belgium.

Hate to do this but I must correct you here, Val. I'm sure Katrien will like this as much as I do. I'm from Holland, The Netherlands. But to refer to it as North Belgium will do the Belgians a lot of good. I don't think the patriotic Dutch will like it. I think it's very funny anyway.

Glad to hear your mother's recovering. Do I get the impression that you hate winter?

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 3:03 AM

Me, too!  It was quite a scare.  I worry about my parents a lot.  I want them around a little while longer.  Oh wow!  You were a flight attendant?  Cool!

Ah!  You're from Sweden!  Hej!  Hur mar du?  Sorry I can't put the little circle over the a.  My computer can't do that.  But you know what I'm saying, I hope?  Oh, goody!  Another fun language to learn!  Am I getting off to a decent start?  Hope so!

Hejda!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 3:17 AM

no I´m not a flight attendent (but i wanted to when i was younger)  the doctors explained that people who expose their skin to hot & cold, big 

degrees diffrencies randomly can get dry itching skin.wery common among air hostesses. We only had a wery cold winter that year & warm inside.

I´m feeling quite well thank you & how about youBig Smile  you are doing a really good in swedish so far Big Smile

/niwa

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 3:45 AM

Hallo, Karin!

Oh, uh...yeah....about that.Embarrassed  I knew that.  When I posted it I had a rather nasty hoofdpijn, so it all came out in a jumbled mass.  Sigh.....gotta love the painkillers!Tongue Tied

I am very relieved my moeder is getting better.  My parents are in their 70's, so I worry.

O!  Niet!  I don't hate winter.......I LOATHE AND DESPISE IT!!!!!!!  Sorry, but I'll probably be whining till spring.Crying  I think I need to go hibernate!Sleep (lol)

Tot ziens!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 3:45 AM

Hallo, Karin!

Oh, uh...yeah....about that.Embarrassed  I knew that.  When I posted it I had a rather nasty hoofdpijn, so it all came out in a jumbled mass.  Sigh.....gotta love the painkillers!Tongue Tied

I am very relieved my moeder is getting better.  My parents are in their 70's, so I worry.

O!  Niet!  I don't hate winter.......I LOATHE AND DESPISE IT!!!!!!!  Sorry, but I'll probably be whining till spring.Crying  I think I need to go hibernate!Sleep (lol)

Tot ziens!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,845
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 8, 2012 3:54 AM

Hej, Niwas!

Okay then, what's an air hostess?  Sounded like a flight attendant to me!(lol)  I wanted to be one too, but I was considered too short!Confused 

I need to get off my computer and go back to sleep!  It's almost 500am!  Jag ar somnig!

God natt!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS