Bead cage

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Dec 2, 2012 7:24 AM

I bought a set of these, and the instructions say " gently spread bars, insert bead and close bars"

well, I'll be a pickles nitwit, but I can't spread these bars for 'nuttin'  without mangling them Huh?   Any suggestions from you experienced folk  PLEASE!?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Dec 2, 2012 8:57 AM

I really wish I could help you here, but I really don't have an answer for you.  I work a couple of days a week at my friends bead store, and I have noticed some of the findings we have also can not be used as directed. For instance, we have a pinch bail that you couldn't pinch if you put it under your car tire and ran over it. You can't open it and you can't close it, a horrible design.  So the best thing to do, short of losing your mind, is to just use them as connectors and forget adding a bead inside.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Dec 2, 2012 10:35 AM

*LOUD GROAN*

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Dec 2, 2012 10:45 AM

Can you recommend one that does work?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Dec 11, 2012 11:15 AM

I have now manged to open it without mangling it.  However, then all the cage bars are so close, that closing it becaomes a mess.....

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Dec 13, 2012 3:11 PM

Hi,

I have a box of these that I foolishly bought and I have never been to do anything with them as they all end up different shapes I just gave up in the end. They looked like a good idea at the time and I remember being being excited waiting for them to arrive.

UM!!!!!!!

There in a box with lots of other things that will be there forever and I am sure that anyone that makes jewellery will have one of those

Julie 

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Dec 13, 2012 3:32 PM

repeating loud GROaN Tongue Tied

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS