Match crimp size to beading wire size?

This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 178
carolee1945 wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 2:45 PM

Is there a chart for which crimp size goes with which beading wire size?  Also, are there guidelines of when to use the .010 versus the .014 versus the .019?????  Thanking everyone ahead of time.  Carol

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 609
shanks wrote
on Dec 1, 2012 11:37 AM

Hi Carol,

This link I am sure will help you with your problem. Just copy and paste. A good crimping plier is a must

http://www.beadalon.com/bbj-506.asp

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 178
carolee1945 wrote
on Dec 1, 2012 11:51 AM

Thank you so much.  Katie Hacker is so clear. I have been confounded by crimps and avoided designs with them, but now I feel much more confident.  This  video really helped me so much more than books which often say "crimping is easy." Let's be honest, it is not that easy for a beginner.  Anyone out there who wants to learn how to do crimps, be sure to watch this video!!!  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 609
shanks wrote
on Dec 1, 2012 3:08 PM

Glad to have been of helpBig Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 49
SoftFlexGuy wrote
on Dec 5, 2012 12:25 PM

Carol,

In our Tips and Tricks section, we have a lot of reference material. Everything from wire wrapping to gemstones to beading wire diameters and crimping info:  www.softflexcompany.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=tips.htm

Here is an easy to read reference for wire diameters and crimps: www.softflexcompany.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=Tips_Finish_WireChart.html

Happy beading!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,524
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 5, 2012 1:38 PM

Carol, and I am ALWAYS happy to support folks who provide us with useful information on their products.........SoftFlexGuy reconfirms my purchase of their product. Also, look at his chart, it clearly shows a wide range of their products that can be used with the most common 2x2 crimps. So you don't need to buy a gazillion sizes of crimps to experiment with different wires.Plus they have those delightful trios........... and now they even offer 10 foot spools which means you can try even more. I'd better stop or I'll have to ask for a salary from them....LOL.

I don't use much wire, but I did need some copper wire and their copper is the most gorgeous shade and has inspired me to use it more than the once I bought it for. Hope you got the help you needed. Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 178
carolee1945 wrote
on Dec 5, 2012 1:42 PM

Oh, I really wanted copper, because I am on a copper kick.  I didn't even know you could get wire in copper, I thought it was all that gray scale color!!! Thanks a million, Carol

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 3:46 PM

to be funny but not helpful ;), i should had asked that question a long time ago too, i just did as Donna said, bought a gazillion of crimps to find out which ones will fit to my wires, but will not run out of them for some years now :). who knows maybe i learn some more, so i will have look into that.

Greetings Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 49
SoftFlexGuy wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 4:34 PM

Woo.

Thanks for the kudos, Donna. I hope Santa is very generous to you and yours this year!

Thomas

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS