Present for a friend

This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 2:02 AM

I've made this for Christmas for a friend in Canada (must post today or it won't get there). I hope she likes them - they're definitely her colours - gold dark red and bronze.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,482
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 2:23 AM

Christina, Very nice work on both. The bracelet has just enough contrast to show up the colors............ if your friend doesn't like it, it sure isn't your fault. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 6:03 AM

Ooooo, it is so luxe!  And my favorite color, too!  I'd feel like a wealthy lady wearing these, Christina. Very posh!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 224
KathyK1999 wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 12:08 PM

Love the colors, right up my alley!  I just finished a pair of earrings using this same pattern, it's so versatile.

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
megabgirl wrote
on Nov 29, 2012 12:43 PM

Very classic. I'm sure she'll LOVE it!

Love the texture of the earrings, too.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 478
Calico3 wrote
on Nov 30, 2012 4:24 AM

Very cool.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Nov 30, 2012 5:50 PM

What a great gift. It's a beautifull classical set. Lovely.

Greetings from Karin.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
kbeaudoin wrote
on Nov 30, 2012 7:56 PM

Love, love, LOVE the bracelet!  The first word that came to mind was YUMMY!  Looks like a giant layered chocolate cake!  And the earrings are a perfect complement!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Dec 1, 2012 9:56 AM

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. You know how it is, you love something when you're making it and then have a few doubts when it's done.

I've made another pair - in black and haematite this time. Again these are for a friend. I'm going to her house for dinner tonight and will give her them along with a bottle of wine.

Christina

xx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,844
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 1, 2012 10:57 PM

And you didn't take a picture for us to admire?Crying

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,482
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 2, 2012 1:13 AM

I had looked at the earrings and definitely noticed they were nice and smallish and shapely....... and this morning poor ol' retired me had to get up early to get hubby off to the big city...............and I couldn't get back to sleep (must have been that cuppa espresso he made me.......whee) so I was perusing some old Beadwork mags...

Low and behold, there were those earrings and the  pattern looked positively simple compared to how attractive they are !!!!! Hmmmm, maybe I should just rummage around in my non-delica stashes and see if I have anything I can make them out of. ............... I know I have some really pretty dark green pearls in that biggest size.......... 

Thanks Christina for the nice jool pics and even some inspiration....... Dreaming Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 5:11 PM

hi Christina,

oh so gorgeous, i love your colorway, very tasteful, thats something i would wear night and day too. Your friend will be so happy!

Greetings

AuntyAkoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 3:36 PM

I´m sure you´r friend will love you´r gift . it is absolutely lovely!
love the design & the colour combination.

Hope it is OK, asking you some questions?
I´m not that experienced in different techniques but this looks like peyote, is it?
and what brand beads have you used, I really loved them.

best regards /niwas

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 2:14 AM

Hello Niwas and Jewelleymaking11

The bracelet is peyote with Miyuki Delicas, Toho round size 11s for the edging and Toho round 15s for loops to hold clasp. Very easy (only patience required). I can give you full details if you want them.

The earrings are from a back copy of "Beadwork". I'll search it out later today and post you the details. However, in case you don't have the "Beadwork" pattern, the following is a free tutorial on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIIJI-xQEP0 which I have also used and is very nice and is a bit similar in design (I'll also post some pics later). Check out the other designs on "Beadifulnights Channel", there are some really good ones, I really like the beaded cocktail ring also.

Christina

xx

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 6:22 AM

The earrings are pretty, if you click on the Bead-A-Long tab they on that page. But that bracelet, that is just lovely and your work is so neat and perfect, I'm envious.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS