Kinda graphic

This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,019
ingrid@38 wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 5:10 PM

My newest necklace.....been wondering if it is too...plain, nondescript, boring....

What do you think?

Ingrid

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ingridwang69

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 608
shanks wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 9:22 PM

No way boring, bound to get some nice comments. Nice design

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,524
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 9:39 PM

Ingrid, I like it very much, but if it were me making it, I'd have added two more pearls same size or smaller to the bottom ends of the white pearl stripes. But that's me, sort of need to make everything a bit gaudy. But it is good, very good as is........... I sure see it with a colorful holiday dress. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 11:28 PM

Ingrid,

You're kidding......right?  It's not boring!  It's lovely!  Very elegant and very Art Deco, which I am insano for.  I could just see myself swanning about in vintage Chanel, sporting that about my neck.  I'm sure Coco would approve.Wink

Val

www.boutiquev.us

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,524
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 27, 2012 12:39 AM

Val, good thought, eons ago when I worked in Phoenix AZ, there was a faboo second hand shop in Scottsdale.............one day I was in there and fell madly and instantly in love with a winter white Chanel suit. It just killed me, but I bought it, wore it for the holidays that year and sold it back to them the following spring. That necklace would have been just perfect with it. Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 160
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Nov 27, 2012 3:16 AM

It's not boring to me, I think it's very nice:)

My mom just walked by and said, "That's pretty!"Wink

xXFantasyXx

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Nov 27, 2012 11:07 AM

I agree with Val on the art deco look - very nice and not in the least bit boring.

Ricki

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 27, 2012 3:31 PM

Donna and Ricki: you just can't go wrong with Art Deco and vintage Chanel, can you?  It's so classy and classic.  Coco is one of my all-time inspirations.  She came from such humble beginnings and really made something of herself.  Personally,I think she was the epitome of chic.

Val 

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,019
ingrid@38 wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 1:44 AM

Thank you  all so much for very positive comments. 

Oh, I really could wish I had seen you in the Chanel outfits!!!!! Big Smile

Ingrid

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,524
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 28, 2012 2:29 AM

Ingrid, it is a bit of nostalgia for me also, as I recall I was in about a size 4 or 6 and of course all the cool clothes were that size, now I am retired and there are moments when I wish I still had some nice clothes, but they would be of little use here in the country and my dogs would have big footprints all over them anyway............... but I am retired and that is the good part. You know I never even got a photo of me in the suit as I worked at a private psych hospital and our outings were strictly for unwinding and being social, no one would think of carrying a camera like we do today. It would have taken a monster purse to haul around my old Nikon camera, now I have one just as good and it is easily tucked into my smallish purse. Donna

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,019
ingrid@38 wrote
on Nov 30, 2012 1:44 AM

D.M.Z:

Ingrid, it is a bit of nostalgia for me also, as I recall I was in about a size 4 or 6 and of course all the cool clothes were that size, now I am retired and there are moments when I wish I still had some nice clothes, but they would be of little use here in the country and my dogs would have big footprints all over them anyway............... but I am retired and that is the good part. You know I never even got a photo of me in the suit as I worked at a private psych hospital and our outings were strictly for unwinding and being social, no one would think of carrying a camera like we do today. It would have taken a monster purse to haul around my old Nikon camera, now I have one just as good and it is easily tucked into my smallish purse. Donna

Oh , what a pity, but those were not camera days!. I am convinced you looked stunning. Smile

Ingrid

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,019
ingrid@38 wrote
on Nov 30, 2012 1:46 AM

Valbeads:

Ingrid,

You're kidding......right?  It's not boring!  It's lovely!  Very elegant and very Art Deco, which I am insano for.  I could just see myself swanning about in vintage Chanel, sporting that about my neck.  I'm sure Coco would approve.Wink

Val

www.boutiquev.us

Thanks so much, Val. I didn´t see the Art Deco look in this piece until you mentioned it, and thanks so much for putting me and Coco together, stylewize. I am honoured. Smile

Ingrid

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 30, 2012 2:50 PM

Oh, yes!  I may not be able to work any longer, but I still keep a close eye out in the fashion world, because it often inspires my designs.  Srt Deco was one of my favourite periods and I frequently reyurn to it to draw inspiration.  Coco Chanel is my fashion icons.  I know this word is totally overused but she was just so chic.  You are in good company.Smile

Val

www.boutiquev.us

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,019
ingrid@38 wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 1:55 PM

Valbeads:

Oh, yes!  I may not be able to work any longer, but I still keep a close eye out in the fashion world, because it often inspires my designs.  Srt Deco was one of my favourite periods and I frequently reyurn to it to draw inspiration.  Coco Chanel is my fashion icons.  I know this word is totally overused but she was just so chic.  You are in good company.Smile

Val

www.boutiquev.us

Have to say that I am tempted to make more art deco inspired pieces. The clean lines from that particular period appeals to me. Big Smile

Ingrid

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 11:48 PM

Ingrid : that is EXACTLY why I adore Art Deco!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS