Having fun making earrings!

This post has 44 Replies | 8 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 9:32 AM

Hi beadlovers,

At someone's request I started making earrings. I never wanted to make them because I would need metal bits to which I'm allergic. Silly, of course, because it's so much fun making them.

The first pair go with a necklace I made and posted this summer in the photo galleries, called Isabella.

The second pair are to go with a set I'm making at the moment.

Later!

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 10:04 AM

lovely, lovely love it Big Smile

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 315
Niwas wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 10:04 AM

lovely, lovely love it Big Smile

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,811
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 4:22 PM

Karin, they're beautiful!  So glad you changed your mind, even if you do have a heavy metal allergy.

How's everything in Portugal?  I'm recovering from my trip to Virginia for the holidays.  It was great to see the whole family again, and the weather certainly was a lot more amenable than it is here!  I'm freezing to death!  Plus, as soon as I came home my allergies went into overdrive!  Bleah!  I hate winters here in NYS.Crying

Getting to work on Christmas items now, whee!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Nov 27, 2012 1:02 PM

very pretty!! I too have metal allergy, but find I can wear the surgical steel ear wires I get from Firemountain Gems! Keep posting your creations! LOVE the colors!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Dec 1, 2012 10:02 AM

Lovely. Cool, blue and very summery.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 11:09 AM

And this is the set that I was still working on when I posted the earrings. It's called Nefret which is the Egyptian word for beautiful. I truly love these collarlike necklaces.

Sorry for my late reply, Val. Everything's fine here in Portugal. My friend's getting better every day. The weather's crap though so you won't have to be jealous about that. It's raining today and it's relatively chilly. I hope you've recovered from the visit to your family.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 11:26 AM

Karin - that set is beautiful...love the blues.  I am so glad to hear that your friend is recovering nicely.  I'm not sure about not being jealous...I think I would much rather be on a boat in Portugal even in the rain and chill than sitting here in Ohio in the cold - although it is sunny today...but supposed to rain again tomorrow and into the weekend (and be colder).  I am totally not a winter person, so I'll be complaining about the cold, snow and ice (it hasn't hit yet, but I know it will before too much longer) and the dark until spring!!  End of that particular rant...

Keep showing us your gorgeous creations - I love to see your work.

Ricki

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 4:44 PM

Hi Captain Karin,

i love your style too and like you from all i read very much also, yes please keep showing us you jewellery, its great inspiration and fun to read from you.

The blue set i like too, but i am still overwhelmed from your pinky-orange-lilac one and the oglalas you did, can't get them out of my mind, they are my favorites from you so far.

Beads Ahoy

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,811
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 1:08 AM

My cousin in Manchester would be all over this in an instant!  She LOVES Egyptian stuff!  The colours make me think summer, which is nice to imagine since the weather here is so miserable.  Guess the weather's kinda sucky all over, Karin.Crying

I'm so glad to hear your boyfriend is doing better.  That means my prayers are working!  Sounds like you'll have a lovely Christmas this year.  Sinterklass is already being good to you.(lol)

Goedenacht!(there! see?  I'm learning some Dutch!)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 5:18 PM

Dear Akoya,

Thanks for your kind words. I like your work as well. You're a great addition to this site. I'm glad you joined us.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 5:20 PM

Dear Val,

I'm afraid Sinterklaas passed us by this year. Not a single present he left behind. But that's because we're in Portugal and he's in Holland.

How's your mother doing?

Goedenacht to you too.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,811
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 10, 2012 8:21 PM

Well....that's 'cos it's not Christmas yet!  Sinterklass knows where you are!(lol)  Guess I'm going to have to look up the Portugese equivalent to Santa, haha!

Mom is doing so much better, thanks for asking.  I threw my back out over the weekend, so I've been better!Crying  Posted a necklace for you lot to enjoy.  Tell le boyfriend I said Hallo!

Tot ziens! Goedenacht!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 11:20 AM

Valbeads:
that's 'cos it's not Christmas yet! 

Dear Val,

Sinterklaas is not the same as Santa Claus. Sinterklaas is only known in Holland and we celebrate his birthday is on the 5th of December. That's when he gives presents to the children. He's a bishop and rides a white horse. He lives in Spain and travels by steam boat to Holland every year.

Just so you know. This is a very important part of your Dutch education.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,811
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 12, 2012 1:22 AM

Oh, I know.  Technically, Sinterklaas is Dutch for St Nicholas.  In the Catholic Church, we celebrate his feast day on the 6th of December.  In our faith, he was orphaned as a boy, the only child of a wealthy family and became a priest at 17.  He wished to aid the poor anonymously, so he would drop bags of gold down the chimneys of the needy, or throw coins through thw window, where they would land in the stockings hanging up to dry.  Eventually, Nicholas became bishop of Myra, and he became an inspiration to others to do the same.  He lived in the 4th Century, btw, and Myra is in Turkey.  Americans are the ones that derived Santa from Sinterklaas.  However, we Catholics still celebrate the Feast of St. Nicholas, just one day after your Birthday for Sinterklaas. 

I still believe Sinterklaas gave you a wonderful gift- your boyfriend's improved heath.Smile  You do celebrate Christmas in the Netherlands, don't you?Huh?

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS