New to site & looking for pattern

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
sahancick wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 10:58 PM

Hi All,

I found this picture of this absolutely gorgeous flower.  The link led me to this site.  I was wondering if anybody knew who made this or how I might make it?  I have a dress that this would look awesome with

Thanks so much,

Stephanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 11:25 PM

Welcome to Beading daily. This is beautiful.. Sova Enterprises comes to mind. Check back often some of the folks might know more. (once they get over Black Friday:}

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,951
SEllen 2 wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 12:33 PM

Hi Stephanie & Welcome to BD

I know I've seen this somewhere, but I can't remember where. I've checked the site in the most usual places and have come up with nothing. If you tell me what you were looking for when you came across it or even give me the link that led you here maybe I can narrow down where it is located.

I can tell you... that it looks to me as if it is made from Russian leaves & St. Petersburg stitches. The main body and the bottom leaves are Russian leaves stitch & the little sprig looking things are the St. Petersburg stitch. There are any number of sites that have tutorials on how to do each of these stitches.

This site it only has a very basic St. Petersburg instructions. Try Auntie's beads for the St. Petersburg stitch. The Russian leaf pattern I think you can find at About.com you may also be able to find the St. Petersburg stitch instructions there as well. Or do just a basic internet search I'm sure you'll get alot of hits on both stitches.

If you decide to make it yourself I hope you will come back and show us how it turned out by posting in the Readers Showcase. Even if you don't decide to make it I hope you will drop in and share your beading journey with us. We do love to here from new voices.

see ya in the posts & Good Luck

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,951
SEllen 2 wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 1:04 PM

It's me again...

I knew I'd seen this!

It is by one of our BD members who hasn't been around for sometime now. Here member name is lostaloha the piece was titled Destination Unknown beaded flower and leaves necklace.  It is made from peyote stitch leaves, also known as russian leaves, and St. Petersburg stitch.

If you do a site search in the box at the top of the page and type in her name you will get her posts. Just click on her name and it will take you to her bio page. There under her avitar is a tab that says "send email" click it and type in your request and then hit send. I don't know if you will get an answer from her or not. But always go to the source first and then if that doesn't work on to plan B...or Z which ever works.*L*

Good Luck

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Emily104 wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 6:33 PM

Wow, that is a gorgeous flower!

And welcome ;-)

Not Ranked
Posts 5
sahancick wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 10:44 PM

Thank you soooooo much for your help.  I've e-mailed lostaloha and hope she'll respond back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS