Beginner bead patterns

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Nov 25, 2012 1:33 PM

Hi. Are there free patterns out there that teach the different weaving techniques?  I need really basic, but something that will teach me in detail what I need to know.  I am an independent learner so classes are not at all for me.

Thanks

Jen

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 1:37 PM

Oh yes, tons and tons of them. This site offers many, Youtube has tons, you can also google almost anything at all that you're interested in. Most of the bead sellers online offer free tutorials also. Ha ha, you may never have to leave th internet! Many times when learning something new, I use my laptop and leave it open right in front of me. (normally I'm on a desk top).

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Ceffyl1 wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 10:47 AM

Also check out Bead and Button; Beading Basics. This link should take you there. From there you can click on the links for all kinds of basic info that is very well laid out and geared toward learning on your own.

http://bnb.jewelrymakingmagazines.com/How%20To/Basics.aspx

Feel free to ask anything here :)

Enjoy!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Ceffyl1 wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 10:54 AM

I posted a link which has to be approved before it can appear here...stupid.

I was reffering you to Bead and button beading basics online which is free and has some great self learning pages.

So, to give the info the long way....

go to Bead and Button online home page ( google Bead and Button, the first hit should be the one you want.)and where the blue tab along the top says "how to" there is a drop down menu. You can go down to the title Beading Basics.

They cover a lot there, you'll probably find what you are looking for there.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 219
on Dec 11, 2012 11:05 AM

Here are some you might find helpful from our YouTube page:

- Allie & Nathan
Potomac Bead Company

www.potomacbeads.com
Buy Online: www.thebeadco.com 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Dec 13, 2012 1:34 AM

Welcome to Beading Daily Forum. Here on this site # go to the "Projects tab" there are tons of free patterns. # if you want to learn a stitch, go to the search box and type in the stitch "example Daisy stitch" it will list all the post on daisy. I keep going back to "St.Petersburg stitch". it has pictures and instructions.

about beadwork.com is also a great place to find how to.

ehow.com is also alot of free instructions.

good luck

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS