yay first little owl embroidery

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 10:36 AM

My aunt had birthday, and i couldn't fly to her because i couln't get out of work, she is quite mad at me, so i made something special for her owls collection. she liked it very much, but my sweets and buttering didn't work out, she is still mad, well but she likes the owl, thats something :))). The rest the time will heal i hope. And i am happy about this embroidery its the first where i got the backside stitching looking neat and clean as well, yay getting more and more the hang of it. not nice was that i had to give it away straight away, i like to look at stuff that worked out the first time for a some time, its like pushing myself to do some more. Who knows that too :)?

Not sure about opening a new post or put into a post where i allready had much pictures, but its not loading good with too much pics in threads, right?

however so this was my try to be in her good books again...

May the beads be with you!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 281
on Nov 25, 2012 11:46 AM

Wow!! this looks cool :) 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 318
Niwas wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 2:15 PM

åhhh that is so lovely,love the owl & love the colours!!

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,539
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 3:24 PM

Aunty, if I was your aunt, I'd have gotten over the "mad" upon receipt of this lovely piece. Bead embroidery can accomplish what regular bead stitches have a hard time with. I like him/her a lot, it is cute amd makes me smile. Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 327
SeaBeads wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 5:41 PM

Hi Aunty Akoya,

What a lovely piece of work! It could be an Indian (like American indians) design. It's adorable. What's the beak made of? Is that a bead as well? Must be, otherwise you couldn't have attached it.

I hope things will get better soon with you and your aunt.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,875
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 3:58 PM

I love it; it's adorable!  And your aunt will get over it; sometimes you can't get off work, that's the way it goes.

Val

www.boutiquev.com

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Dec 6, 2012 5:43 PM

Thank you all for your comments they are doing good.

@Donna, thats nice of you to say, well before my aunty rubs its under my nose for month, i have to make it up with another visit i think :).

@Karin, the beak is like a tiny cabochon that i actually had for claywork/fimo, but it worked just fine with this very strong glue E6000.

@Val: yeh i guess with time she will forgive me, i am a bit stroppy now too as i can't help it and its not really my fault, its just dangerous to make promises i can't keep in the end. Doh and so didn't get to see my fiancee for 2month as well, that felt too long, he would have come over if it hadn't been planed to be with my aunt. Doh Doh Doh. well not long and i enjoy finally some holidays in England. Life is good :)..

And Hey i noticed boutique V is opened... had a look some days ago... might there be something to gaze at soonish?

May the beads be with you!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 2:13 AM

This is really nice. Love the mesmeric eyes and the gorgeous cabochon (what is it?) in the middle. Owls seem to be very much "the thing" in England this year.

Christina

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,875
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 7, 2012 9:56 AM

Well! Your aunt needs to get over it!  No one is perfect.  Sigh.....some people.  Yeah, if I were you I'd be getting annoyed about her little "grudge match" by now.

Yes, I'm planning on putting things up for sale soon.  Do you like my logo?  I had a loy of fun designing it!

Hugs!

Val

www.boutiquev.us

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS