Which glue?

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 39
jenls wrote
on Nov 19, 2012 2:36 PM

I have just bought Diane Fitzgerald shaped peyote book, and was wondering about her faux bezels.  I have never worked with glue before, so I'm not sure which one to use. Faux bezels consist of a flat back rhinestone glued onto peyote stitched delicas. She then stitches a ring of beads around the rhinestone so it looks like a bezel. The glue is the only thing holding the rhinestone on, so it's gotta be good. I've read that someone else didn't have any luck with the E6000 because it remained tacky.  Any ideas?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 62
bellepate wrote
on Nov 20, 2012 10:06 AM

That book is terrific!  You'll love it.  I've made some of the beads that use the small cabs and rhinestones, and I used E6000 with great results.  A little goes a long way, so be careful and don't let it seep out of the sides.  The way you eventually bezel the cab will also help keep it on the bead.  Good luck!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,466
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 20, 2012 1:02 PM

I don't know why that person's E6000 stayed tacky.............but that is totally NOT like E6000. It is a marvelous glue and it is in my glue stash alsong with HypoTube glue. Between the two of them you couldn't choose better. The HypoTube started out as a jewelers product and it supposedly remains slightly flexible, so I use E6000 for most glue jobs. If I need just a temporary tack down, I might pick up my tube of 527, but that is only because I need a temporary tack, want to work with the item sooner, and it is sitting here getting old.

E6000 is great, don't use too much and set the project aside for 24 hours in a place with ventilation and not in your work area. We had one instructor come to our bead group and she used E6000 and hit it with here hair dryer which dried it faster, but I'd rather put it out on my porch until it stops stinking. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS