Keep those Beaded DVD's coming but..........I had a problem

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 4
jazzi3 wrote
on Nov 18, 2012 8:33 PM

Hi everyone, Happy Thanksgiving and may you all have a blessed one you and your families.

I haven't been on here in a long time. Ususally when I have a small problem. First I'd like to say I have most of the DVD's. I started with Doodle Beads with Leslie Rogalski one and two. It is so nice of someone to think of the rest of us who are learning to do things by reading a book and for those who have the patience to go on Youtube. I prefer the dvd's, plus they go into so much details with demonstrations /  instructions and with Ms Leslie she has this doodle graph that's fantastic. I would love to be able to down load those graphs.

The Beadwork Herringbone Stitch dvd by Melinda Barta  also is another great dvd.  I learned I was doing it wrong because my thread was showing on the outside and she showed me how to keep it in the inside. So you never know,  you can learn something new.

I also have Beadwork Peyote Stitch Basics and Beyond. Peyote is such a easy stitch until you see something extoic and you wonder how on earth did they make it. It's another great DVD. The Custom Clasps, I haven't attempted to do it yet but they are all so beautiful I want to learn to do them all.

And the Beaded Bezels with Peyote, Herringbone and more. I learned how to do a peyote stitch around a bezel but I never used any other stitches. I said all this just to say know matter how long you've been beading there is always something new to learn. I love the comfort of having a backup just in case I forget plus I get to try new ideas.

The last dvd I bought was Bead stitching Chevron Chain with Melanie Potter. I got the basic down but couldn't see how she got to the second row. The camera  didn't focus on what she was doing, she verbally spoke it, but that didn't get me down to make the connection.  Sometimes if you know how many beads should be picked up and what direction to go with it makes all the difference plus how to get back to the new starting point to continue the row in the right direction. If you have the dvd or if you just know could you send me an answer. Because from what I saw was you go through the next three beads, then what? How many beads do you pick up and how do you get in the right direction to continue, plus how many should you pick up to continue?

She said there were several ways but did only one.  (Unless somewhere in the dvd she explained it again) I only stayed on the beginning because I can't learn until I understand the missing link).The rest of the dvd is still great because she takes you into decreasing and increasing, flat and circular and making tubes. I hope she comes out with a book. I always like a book for backup. But learning visually is usually easier. I like having both. So thanks inadvance for any information you can give me on how to get to stitch the second row. All I need is the first  and second unit to continue.

Mona Lisa

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 5:34 AM

Hi there Jazzi, just want to say hello, as i haven't tried a Chevron Chain yet, so i don't know about the questions. Also have not got yet in the pleasure to look at DVD tutorials, my PC is to old, so i got to treat it with care until i get a new one. Have you tried to find a Tutorial on paper for you Chevron Chain, maybe that could help where you don't get further with the DVD?

Cya

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS