Hi all...New to beading....

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 3
SDBeads wrote
on Nov 17, 2012 3:45 PM

Hi all!  I am new to beading although collecting beads and wanting to get into it for quite awhile!  I never had the confidence and wondered if I would know what I was doing, but now I have to admit that I am slightly addicted..okay, well, extremely addicted to the 'baby step' level that I am at!  Hoping to learn more as I go along!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Nov 17, 2012 10:28 PM

We all start with baby steps. In the future, you still feel like you are 'new' everytime you find a new project. Then you make a wonderful piece and surprise yourself. I'm not sure when you stop feeling 'new' and become confident in your own experience, as I haven't reached that point yet. But it's a fun trip.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 5:26 AM

Hi SDBeads,

got to agree with tcwhit, the confidence comes with time, i am a passionate learner too, the learning by doing goes on every day. just throw yourself in, and sometimes new things will work out straight away and sometimes it needs some more trying. Definitly its a fun trip :D, hooray.

Have a look at lots of jewellery from other people, it helps a lot to find out what you like and whats all possible, well its a neverending story for me so far.

Have fun and Cya

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS