Turkish crochet with miracle beads by KatrienV

This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 40
KatrienV wrote
on Nov 17, 2012 7:34 AM

I adore the effect of miracle beads, so I used them to make this necklace.

What do you think?

Have a nice weekend,

Katrien

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,524
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 17, 2012 12:34 PM

Katrien, I love miracle beads too. I'd never seen them until recently (I work almost exclusively with delicas in my loomwork and sometimes dabble in other beadwork). But the minute I saw them I was totally hooked on that look.

I really like the color of your beads too, so nice and soft. Your bead crochet looks wonderful, if I crochet you can tell it was done by a two year old, I do not have the wonderful consistency that I should have.

Good job, I love it. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 17, 2012 10:42 PM

Bonjour, Katrien!  Comment ca va? Je suis mal.Ick!  Sinus infection, n'est ce'pas.  Tres dull!Confused

C'est necklace tres magnifique!  I've never heard of miracle beads but c'est bonne.

Hope you are well, at least!

Bonne nuit!

Mdle. Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,524
D.M.Z wrote
on Nov 18, 2012 12:45 AM

Hey Val, unless you want to start a new "desire" do NOT look up miracle beads........ They are very simple but the effect is amazing and that is a true compliment from me the delica and real gemstone fanatic. Miracles are richly colored acrylic beads that are then overlayed with a thick clear coating and it causes the beads to look about a mile deep and really enhances the colors.....they glow. That soft blue that Katrien used now has me thinking way too hard about getting some........... more beads. Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 40
KatrienV wrote
on Nov 18, 2012 8:13 AM

I'm terribly sorry Donna Wink

Actually, these beads are black. But with the effect it's very difficult to take pictures. I'm not good at taking pictures either.

Val, get well soon! I'm doing OK, very tired, but I'm having a layed back sunday, so it's OK.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 138
larissa@4 wrote
on Nov 18, 2012 10:01 AM

Oh, I like it! 

Your necklace is neat and elegant.Yes

A wise man hears one word and understands two.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 18, 2012 4:22 PM

Donna: ROTFLMAO!  I guess I'd better not look them up then; the last thing I need is another addiction!

Katrien: merci!  I am trying!  This is such a miserable time of year, because it gets so cold.  When Maman and I went to Mass this morning, the frost was so heavy, it looked as if everything was covered in ice!  It goes down to the low 20's at night, and soon it will drop into the teens.  This is Farenheit, mind you, not Centigrade, so that should give you an idea of how cold it is!  Brrrrrrr!  I'm turning blue!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Nov 25, 2012 8:15 AM

hi Katrien,

i'd like to join the oothers, that necklace is beautiful and how that must shine in sun with the miracle beads, an eyecatcher...when i see that turrkish crochet it keeps telling me to try it too, but i didn't so far.... and oh yes that soft purple-blue like Donna said is wonderful, its like i almost can smell a hint of the flower Syringa/common lilac...

@Val: the last thing i need..... :))) how to reject another addiction in the case of beads and beading :)))....did you look at miracle beads anyway?... i feel with you with the cold, i can't have it too at the moment, i feel like a huffy rose.

Cya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 4:24 AM

Hey Akoya!

Not yet; just got back from spending the holidays with my family in Virginia.  Still pretty worn out, and as soon as I got home, my allergies kicked into overdrive.  I'm stuffed up and feeling crummy!

Guess I'll have to take a peek at them, but I dunno; I've been warned!(lol)

Val

www.boutiquev.us

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 4:25 AM

Hey Akoya!

Not yet; just got back from spending the holidays with my family in Virginia.  Still pretty worn out, and as soon as I got home, my allergies kicked into overdrive.  I'm stuffed up and feeling crummy!

Val

www.boutiquev.us

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote

Hey Akoya!

Val

www.boutiquev.us

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote

Hey Akoya!

Val

www.boutiquev.us

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 326
SeaBeads wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 11:08 AM

Hi Val,

Aren't you overdoing it a bit?

Hope the visit was worth the pain! You must be overjoyed to be reunited with your lovely dogs!

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 26, 2012 4:34 PM

Yes, I know, and I'm paying for it by being bedridden for most of today, sigh......I need some kind of alarm that lets me know when I've hit my limit.

It was great to see everybody; I don't get to see my nieces as often as I would like.  Zoe's cuddled up with me right now; Mac has been napping with Dad.(lol)  Life is good.  Or as they say in Italy, La vida bella.Big Smile

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS