What technique is this?

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
BurgerM wrote
on Nov 13, 2012 7:23 AM

Can anyone please tell me what this technicque is called and how to do it?!? Please help me

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on Nov 13, 2012 10:21 AM

I replied to this post but it was held for moderation so who knows when it will show up.

Basically, here is what I said.

The stitch to me looks like bead crochet. I do not know how to do this so I can't help you with that.

However, there is a free e-book available from Interweave on this site. http://www.beadingdaily.com/bead-chrochet   (Not a live link)

Also if you go to the "Free Resources" tab at the top of the page and go to "Techniques tools-and How to" click that and then scan down the list until you get to bead crochet it will give you a brief explaination.

Keep Your fingures crossed this one doesn't get sent to moderation.

Good Luck

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Not Ranked
Posts 2
BurgerM wrote
on Nov 15, 2012 8:24 AM

Thank you so much, really appreciate it! All the best!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
ZenLina wrote
on Nov 15, 2012 11:16 AM

I thought it looked like crochet also.  I am used to using that technique with wire but that looks like hemp cord to me. 

If you know basic crochet it should be easy.  You just string all the beads on and then do a single stitch with a bead in between each stitch.  When I was learning I looked it up on You Tube. 

I like the looks of that necklace.  Maybe I will give it a try this weekend and see if I can make something similar.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS