My first Christmas ornament of 2012

This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Nov 11, 2012 5:31 PM

Hi beadlovers,

Here it is. My first beaded bauble of this year. It's a present for a friend whose birthday it is next week. I gave her one last year so it's become a bit of a tradition now. Her husband hates everything to do with Christmas but he can't stop me from giving her this present, can he?

Greetings from Karin.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 150
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Nov 12, 2012 1:25 AM

Hi Karin, that is very pretty:) What a great present! I'm sure your friend will be very happy to receive it.

I don't now how someone could hate Christmas, I mean it's Christ's birthday! What is to hate about that? (Plus you get candyWink)

Very nice,

xXFantasyXx

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 579
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 12, 2012 4:09 AM

It's breathtaking, Karin; I love it!  Jeez, why's her hub such a Scrooge?

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 307
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Nov 12, 2012 5:48 PM

Fair play :), yes even husbands who hate christmas can't say anything against pretty present which are selfmade with love! I like the tradition and your ornamet.

Greetings

May the beads be with you!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Bead Flowers wrote
on Nov 14, 2012 12:58 PM

Gorgeous! And what a lovely tradition - your friend is going to have the best dressed Christmas house! I hope you're making some for yourself as well - they're beautiful!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 273
on Nov 15, 2012 12:24 PM

Your ornament looks better than mine Karin... :) Have you been practising on ornaments?? :D

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Nov 15, 2012 12:31 PM

Thanx everybody for your comments. The husband is not a bad guy. His dislike for Christmas has nothing to do with religious things. It's the commercial ado he really hates. I can understand that. I'm sorry for making him look like a jerk which he really isn't.

Gopika: I haven't been practising. I just always bead on instinct and I realize I was very lucky with this ornament cover that it all worked out the way it did.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
Valbeads wrote
on Nov 16, 2012 2:51 AM

Ohhhhhhhh!  Well that makes more sense, Karin!  I'm totally with him on that one.  The way my family celebrates Christmas might annoy some people.  Oh, we exchange gifts and such, but for us, on Christmas Eve, all work stops.  In the late afternoon, we all lie down for a long nap. We usually get up about eight pm and eat a late supper.  Then we all begin our toilette.(except Dad; it's so unfaiir that it only takes 5 minutes to get ready!)  We take very great care with our makeup and clthing, as well as our hair and our accesories.  We want to look just right for the Lord's Birthday!  I invariably will be wearing white(or actally, ivory; if I wear stark white I'll look like I died!)  White is the color of Christmas and Easter; it's the color of joy.  At 1100 we go to church, and if I'm singing that night, I'll join my dad up in the choir loft, where we begin carollong at 1130.  At 1150 I come down to take my seat on the altar and at the stroke of midnight I sing O Holy Night.After that, Midnight Mas begins.

On Christmas Day, you're lucky to get me out of bed before noon!I just want to hibernate!  Told you my family's annoying!Big Smile

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Dec 17, 2012 7:32 AM

And another Christmas Tree ornament. Not too big because I wanted to keep this one for us and hang it in our garlands. There's no room for a tree on Rita, our boat

Merry Christmas everybody!

Greetings from Karin.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
Valbeads wrote
on Dec 18, 2012 3:24 AM

Oh, Karin!  It's beautiful!  And the Rita's all decked out for Christmas, too.  Wonderful!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Dec 18, 2012 3:57 AM

Karin, I'm with the husband on the "commercial ado" side of Christmas, but the beautiful aspect is there too. Keep passing on the wonderful sparkle.

Christina

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS