pretty please!!!

This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
nbprincess79 wrote
on Nov 10, 2012 6:19 PM

if anyone has a beaded christmas ball ornament pattern they wanna share with me....i really wanna make some this year for christmas gifts :))))))))).....the one in the new bead and button mag....it was way too many beads i DONT  have 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Nov 11, 2012 6:34 PM

Hi princess79,

There's a thread on beaded ornament covers on page 4 of the Readers Showcase. There are several links there where you can find patterns for them. Hope this will help you and I'm looking forward to seeing your work soon.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
nbprincess79 wrote
on Nov 12, 2012 5:30 PM

ya i checked...nothing that works

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 253
beadinstyle wrote
on Nov 15, 2012 1:15 AM

What kind of cover do you want? How easy/complicated? What beads do you have? I understand your frustration with the patterns that use beads you don't have, btw!

Ruth

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Nov 15, 2012 12:35 PM

Hi,

I've sent you a couple of links for free beaded ornaments but I was moderated and it's not posted yet, sorry!

Greetings from Karin.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Nov 15, 2012 1:49 PM

This link takes you to a forum discussion where Kipper Cat posted many many links to different ornament covers etc...and most of the links work! There are links to free patterns as well as to kits for sale and patterns for sale!

http://www.beadingdaily.com/forums/p/13807/116727.aspx#116727

There are also several ornament cover patterns for sale at the Bead & Button site...I think they posted a new one on the site several times this year. And I know there are some nice ones in some of their older issues which might also be available for sale on their site...their patterns are usually only a few dollars each.

And then there are also sites like Sova Enterprises that has a huge assortment of these ornament covers for sale...some of those patterns get a little pricy but they are beautiful and very detailed!

http://www.sova-enterprises.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=2_5_132_151

Many of the simpler/easy to make ornament covers are really just variations on netting stitch...and once you figure out the basic dimensions so they fit nicely on the size and type of glass ornaments you're using, it's really easy to start adding your own ideas to them!

You will have to copy & paste these links...don't want to risk the post going into moderation to be lost forever!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
nbprincess79 wrote
on Nov 18, 2012 8:25 AM

thanks everyone...the links work, i meant nothing that i like...but i found the perfect one....its the one on the cover of last years christmas bead and button.... :)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS