What's going on with links?

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 565
Beadiecat wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 12:34 PM

Whenever I write or reply to a post, the "chain links" are greyed out, so I can't add links to posts.

Is it just me, or is everybody getting this?

I guess it's one way to combat spam, it's just inconvenient.

Cat

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 10:18 AM

Cat

Go ahead and type in your link then after you type in the link hit the space bar once.(Just like your setting up for the next word.)kwim?

http://www.firemountaingems.com then the two link icons will highlight and the link is then live. Also your link will turn blue and be underlined. This is how I do mine all the time. My link icons are always grey.(This is how this link was done.)

See if this helps. If not you may want to report it to the techs to see if they can help you.

Crossing my fingers that this helps.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 565
Beadiecat wrote
on Nov 12, 2012 12:42 AM

Thanks!

Cat

Not Ranked
Posts 1
evemore87 wrote
on May 3, 2013 2:25 AM

I was about to ask this question. Thanks for figuring this out for us. Big Smile

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 559
shanks wrote
on May 3, 2013 10:58 AM

I have a question about how to activate my two sites in the site options box.  Like my www.buttonshanks.com  I tried using the space bar once, but to no avail.

Thanks 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 3, 2013 1:55 PM

shanks

Are you talking about in your signiture box?

For your signiture box go into your profile settings. Go down to where it says signiture. Now, it's been a long time since I wrote mine in but I believe I did it the same way. I don't think I had to click on the link icon.

But if you mean you did that already and it still doesn't work then I'm afraid I'm at a loss. Either someone with more computer skills will need to help you or you need to contact the techs and see if they can help you.

Sorry, I'm not much help

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 559
shanks wrote
on May 3, 2013 4:29 PM

sellen,

Yes, the signature box is where I am trying to activate the sites. Tried the one space after but has not worked.  Thanks for the suggestion, I am sure someone else will come to my rescue.

Shanks

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS